URL Parameter : token

04-28-2021 08:08 AM
GuillaumeArnaud
Occasional Contributor

Hi

I want to use an app generate by ExperienceBuilder in an iframe where user is auth. I try to add a "token" URL Parameter to get an automatic login to a non public app (with non public webmap). With a webappbuilder app I write <appurl>?token=<token>. This syntax doesn't work with experience builder.

Is there a mean to do that ?

thanks

Guillaume

9 Replies
AlessioDiLorenzo
New Contributor III

I am struggling to do the same with the operations dashboard. My local customer service doesn't know how to do, ESRI Inc. doesn't know how to do.

I believe this is not possible and it is a HUGE limitation because in the real world many arcgis online subscriptors would like to speed up their web application development taking advantage of configurable apps (exp builder, dashboard...) but they need to "deploy" them in other environments than arcgis online.

ESRI, please, provide us with the "token" URL Parameter

AlessioDiLorenzo
New Contributor III

Another option would be to have the possibility to release public content with a sort of secure URL, not indexed and available only if you type it correctly end entirely in the browser (i.e. google drive). In this way we can embed "securely" our agol applications inside other portals. 

ESRI, are you there?

0 Kudos
SandraDalton
New Contributor III

Also interested in a resolution to this, where allowing any form of 'public' access is not on the table.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, we do not have the token parameter yet. We are monitoring the request and evaluating enhancement possibilities based on the feedback. Also, you can post it to the Experience Builder Ideas channel where we evaluate enhancement possibilities based on the feedback.

Thank you for bringing this up.

AlessioDiLorenzo
New Contributor III

I posted both the option in Dashboard Ideas. 
Evaluating a token is what happens under the hood if you look at network requests in the browser dev tools. It shouldn't be a big deal to allow a pre-generated token to be passed through querystring

0 Kudos
mazlianamohd_nordin
New Contributor II

Hi,

is there any update or workaround for this?

is App credential authentication can be use to view eXB with token generated?

B_Brooks
New Contributor III

@TonghuiMing Any update on this?

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

The sso REST endpoint supports it, so this could work: 

https://www.arcgis.com/sharing/rest/oauth2/authorize/sso?redirect_uri=https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/{appID}&client_id=experienceBuilder&canHandleCrossOrgSignin=true&token=xxx 

AlessioDiLorenzo
New Contributor III

Is it valid for operations dashboard also?