Update Experience Builder (Entreprise)

Jump to solution
01-26-2022 09:32 AM
Arnaud_Leidgens
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

Basic question : is it possible to update Experience Builder only without updating the whole Entreprise Infrastructure ? We use Entreprise 10.9 but I would like to use the most recent widgets available in Experience Builder (eventually included in 10.9.1) within my organisation. I'm looking for the shortest solution/workaround to achieve this. Thank you in advance.

Arnaud

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think your best bet is to use the Experience Builder Developer version. https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/

You can build an experience using all the latest widgets and options, and even better, you can deploy the experience to a simplified URL on your web server.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I think your best bet is to use the Experience Builder Developer version. https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/

You can build an experience using all the latest widgets and options, and even better, you can deploy the experience to a simplified URL on your web server.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Arnaud_Leidgens
New Contributor III

I've just install it and I can access it on localhost. Is it possible to publish an app from the Developer edition directly to our Portal ? Otherwise, the interest is quite limited for my purpose.

Also, it's now working fine with the Developper edition but with the edition from my Portal, I was not able to embed any of my dashboards (authentification issue). Any ideas ?

Untitled.png

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

I'm not certain about the authentication, but you can certainly deploy the experience and register it with your portal. Take a look at the documentation to see the particulars. There's an extra step involved, so maybe it's not publishing directly to the Portal.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Arnaud_Leidgens
New Contributor III

Thank you Josh ! It's indeed working (download zip, extract the zip file in IIS, add app ID in config.json, add app URL in portal).

For info : about the authentication issue with classic ArcGIS Experience Builder, it seems to be linked to this part of the documentation. I'm not technical enough to solve it.

URL—Embed a website with a static URL or use the following options to form a dynamic URL:

NOTE : Only HTTPS URLs are supported. For security, the embedded app is constrained by the same origin policy. For domains other than *.arcgis.com and *.esri.com , the sandbox attribute is automatically added.

Arnaud

0 Kudos