Too Slow to load

09-30-2020 02:02 AM
SusanaGarcia_Gasquez
New Contributor III

i have embedded pages from Experience builder in the new  storymaps and they are just too slow to load. can you please indicate what the issue may be and if there is a workaround?

thanks

9 Replies
JayJohnsonWashoeCounty
Occasional Contributor III

I agree that Experience Builder seems generally slower to load than Web App Builder apps.  Initial load is slow and then navigating between pages within ExpBuilder is also noticeably slow.

Jay

Jay
Washoe County GIS
0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Susana,

Can you share the experience so we can take a look? If you can't share it publicly, can you share it within a group and add me? My username is dmart.

Thanks,

David 

0 Kudos
igemetristechnologies
New Contributor II

Hello! We are also noticing that the pages/apps made with Experience Builder are very slow in comparing with apps developped in WebAppBuilder. With a map in WebAppBuilder the initial loading time takes 5 seconds. With the same map in Experience Builder the start up takes 30 seconds! Both of the example apps don't have any widgets. Anyone else experiencing that? Where is the problem? Are there any options to speed the initial loading? Thank you for any help! Ana

JosephZebrowski
New Contributor II

This continues to be an issue for Experiences we embed in ArcGIS Hub. Sometimes refreshing the page unsticks it, but end users are unlikely to know that, and I would hate to add a note telling them to try that if the map does not load. It seems to do okay if the Experience is loaded into a separate tab.

0 Kudos
D_AnneHammond
New Contributor III

My Experience Builder project (built with several pages) has the slow load issue and most often it doesn't produce a popup on click or scroll zoom in/out. Different maps respond or don't differently at random. Is Esri making any progress on this?  EB is a fabulous idea but simply not usable due to glitchiness... https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/f4b122b0930a4b618d4cb5f35765b2b3/

johnbrosowsky
Occasional Contributor II

I am having the same problem where my EXB apps sporadically load very slowly.  Sometimes the app will load right away, and sometimes widgets spin for a long time before loading with data.  Sometimes but not always refreshing the page helps.  Any ideas?

WAPSPShared
New Contributor

I have 4 pages of an experience embedded in a single host page (generated by another server).  The pages are slow to load--sometimes REALLY slow to load i.e. 2 mins.  Once the Exp B pages start to load, list widgets whose data is derived from an ArcGIS table take EVEN LONGER.  It's sporadic and doesn't seem to depend on local browser caching.  Is there anything that can be done?  No maps on any of the pages at all.  PS Info (wa.gov)

0 Kudos
MattBell1
New Contributor II

I'm receiving complaints from many in my organization about how sluggish Experience Builder map rendering is compared to Webb App Builder. They're practically demanding to revert back to WAB. Given the deprecation warning ESRI put out back in February and the future of JS3, I'm pushing back and just telling everyone to wait it out, it'll get better. I hope I'm right, but it's frustrating.

0 Kudos
AdrianMarsden
Occasional Contributor III

A question to those with Experience Builder performance issues - do you corporate PCs have GPUs?  Do you have Hardware Acceleration enabled?  When an application is built with Experience Builder is running do you see high CPU usage for your browser?  What CPU usage do you see here https://registry.khronos.org/webgl/sdk/demos/google/san-angeles/index.html  that's an example of webGL that Experience Builder uses.

Our standard PCs have no GPU, so no hardware acceleration, and 100% CPU usage when doing stuff in an Experience site.  The same sites work a lot better (still a bit sluggish) on one of our few PCs with any sort of GPU.

I'm not sure what our solution will be, we are just starting the Portal journey, so would want to write stuff in the thing that has longest life, but in our VM world of desktops, we can't just add GPUs without huge expense.  Which is why only a few of us will be using ArcGIS Pro.