Token or Proxy for Experience Builder?

10-25-2023 12:32 AM
Gordon_Aberdeen
Occasional Contributor

Previously, using WAB, I was able to modify the config.json to "useProxy" to auto-login to the application.

Is there way to either: (1) Use Proxy, or (2) Pass Token as URL parameter?

Or another way to log into the Experience Builder without having to drop the permissions?

I am using a secure page, so I would like to share the ExB like I do with the WAB.

8 Replies
HenryRice
Emerging Contributor

We have run into this same situation. Were you able to find a workaround for this?

Thanks!

Gordon_Aberdeen
Occasional Contributor

Not yet.  It is so easy with WAB - but I can't find a solution for Experience Builder.  

In the WAB, I just add" httpProxy" to the config.json ---- nothing like that for Experience Builder (that I know of)

-- maybe someone at the ESRI ExB team can help?

shabeerali
Emerging Contributor

Me also expecting to do a CORS requests for APIs 

0 Kudos
GertConradie
Regular Contributor

Anyone got an solution for the proxy and CORS settings during deployment?

Nothing in the documentation: https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/deployment-topics/

0 Kudos
TomPattison1
Emerging Contributor

Is there still no response from Esri Experience Builder team about this.  I do not want my clients to have to log into my portal with credentials once or even twice to access an Experience Builder application using secure GIS components.  That gives them too much access power.

0 Kudos
HenryRice
Emerging Contributor

Hi Tom,

We have been asking this same question for awhile. Your question prompted me to look into the issue again to see if anything new is out there.

I came across this page, which I can't remember if I have seen before or not.

https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/install-guide/#create-client-id-using-arcgis-...

Can anyone at ESRI tell us if this will allow users to view the Dev Experience via an "on behalf" login. 

ESRI helped me to install the Experience Builder (about a year ago) and I can run things on a localhost:3001, but I am still at a loss as to how I can get this to users without prompting for a portal login - we don't want the OAUTH login to appear, we would like a seamless login.

0 Kudos
GertConradie
Regular Contributor

I was playing with two proof of concepts a while back:

a) Secured content hosted on AGOL - I could get that working by editing the obfusticated code in "~\cdn\1\jimu-arcgis\index.js"

2024-09-26_16-40-53.jpg

There is for sure a lot of reasons not to do this, but it was just a test if one could get it working. DONT use this for a real world scenario.

b) Secured content hosted on a Portal instance that is protected by internal Active Directory credentials.

No luck here, I gave up. We are not upgrading a WAB application to ExpBuilder yet.

At this point I would prefer to have a good document / tutorial available before I spend more time on it. 

Gordon_Aberdeen
Occasional Contributor

Love this hack.  Worked great for me with Developer.

There should be an open hook in the ExB Developer Edition for this kind of Proxy URL without having to re-invent the wheel.

0 Kudos