Select to view content in your preferred language

Toggle all layers on/off

03-17-2024 07:10 PM
TeaganJahn
New Contributor

Hi, 

Is there a way to toggle all layers on/off similar to the layer toggle in web app builder or using ctrl & checking layer tick box? I'm working with lots of layers and having to check and uncheck all the boxes individually is not ideal. 

Thanks

expb.JPG

7 Replies
Thomas1
Frequent Contributor

I posted something similar for almost 2 years ago: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/turn-all-layers-on-off-at-the-same...

Still waiting for a reaction from Esri... Do not have too much hope they will fixed this anytime soon. 

Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I grouped my layers so that if I need 15 water layers off I can just click the water group and that does the trick. 

0 Kudos
Thomas1
Frequent Contributor

We use of course group layers as well but it doesn't help when someones wants to disable all groups or just show one single layer from a group for example. 

0 Kudos
TeaganJahn
New Contributor

Have tried this, although when there's a layer with 25 groups in it and I only want one on I have to uncheck 24 boxes. 

TeaganJahn_0-1713850274357.png

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

If that is how you usually use it I would suggest saving the map with those configurations in map viewer so the app always starts with just that one layer selected. At the moment there is not other solution, make group layers with less data in them. 

0 Kudos
ODWC_GIS
Frequent Contributor

This is one of a handful of drawbacks to implementing Experience Builder, after finally getting everyone used to Web App Builder. 

Basic GIS acceptance buy-in was so gosh darn difficult at my agency.  For the most part, folks seem to be using it now.

And once we finally bite the bullet and switch to ExB, the fact that our simple instruction guide will have changed so much, it'll throw everybody for a loop.   I'm not looking forward to that, nor the resulting fallout.

Open the app.  Turn off all the layers except the one you want to run analyses for, use the date filters to isolate the feature of interest.  Zoom in.  Open the Smart Editor.  Etc. etc.

Looks like opening the new ExB app will show only unexpanded group layers.  The SmartEditor works different.  And I'll probably just have to turn "off" all the layers so they won't see anything when they open the app.  Yep.  This'll go over real well...

I'm still not an App Developer!!  'Gee, it'd be nice if we could touch a button and it'd calculate the acres previously...'  Yup.  Do you know how to make it do that?  'Cause I don't.  I can just customize the bits they allow in increasingly user-unfriendly platforms.