Select to view content in your preferred language

Table Widget Message Action Not Prompting Zoom to Map Widget

Jump to solution
09-12-2023 03:41 PM
EthanSmith2
New Contributor II

Hello,

I am building an EB and have a list and a table widget connected to a map widget. The list widget allows me to select 'Zoom to Map' as a message action when a record selection changes. The table widget, however, only allows me to choose flash or filter on the map when a record selection changes. I would like to be able to see the map zoom to the selected record when a record is selected in the table widget, just like it is when it is selected in the list widget. 

The lack of even the option to 'Zoom to Map' in the Message Action is odd to me, as it should be there.

EthanSmith2_1-1694558437688.png

Guidance and help appreciated!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@EthanSmith2 

The Table widget has the Zoom to and Pan to feature, as long as it uses feature layers (assuming used in your case):

TonghuiMing_0-1694584263460.png

If you do not have a data source configured in Table, or all of the data sources used in Table widget are feature tables, then there won't be any Zoom to/Pan to action available - this is expected. In this case, there is no valid geometry for map to zoom/pan to.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@EthanSmith2 

The Table widget has the Zoom to and Pan to feature, as long as it uses feature layers (assuming used in your case):

TonghuiMing_0-1694584263460.png

If you do not have a data source configured in Table, or all of the data sources used in Table widget are feature tables, then there won't be any Zoom to/Pan to action available - this is expected. In this case, there is no valid geometry for map to zoom/pan to.

NathanKoski
New Contributor III

This is rather confusing, because it is able to flash the point on the map when I search using the table as the data source.

I understand it not being able to pan if the table does not have a related meter mapped, but then how is EB able to search the feature lay, find the related feature, and flash the feature on the map but not able to just pan/zoom to the same feature it is flashing?

Seems like an odd oversight.

0 Kudos