Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey123 Widget - Not Functioning & EB Crashing

Jump to solution
09-19-2023 01:18 PM
Labels (2)
JessicaJThompson
Frequent Contributor

Hello,  (Thankyou in advance for your help!!)

After updating my survey in survey123, I readded it to my EB page. There have been a few issues since the change. 

1) While Editing EB, it has crashed repeatedly. And when it hasn't crashed, it functions very slowly. 

2) I did manage to get the Suvey123 widget configured to edit an existing record, and save before crashing. I published. But when I am testing it, the map widget and the survey123 widget are not working together. It will not pull up the existing record when I select the polygon. 

JessicaJThompson_0-1695153686445.png

So as you see in the screenshot. I have the polygon selected. The survey should update with the relevant information that will allow me to fill out the survey.

Below: it functions briefly in live view, sometimes crashes

JessicaJThompson_1-1695154467016.png

JessicaJThompson_2-1695154533814.png 

This was taken moments after the previous screenshot.

_____

This survey uses a related table for a nested repeat. And there are questions on either side of the repeat. I am not sure what may be causing this. But perhaps it has to do with the complexity of the survey - groups, repeats and calculations....

I believe there is some documentation about limitations of the widget, but I cannot find them. Though I know it doesn't have the same capabilities as the Survey123 App, in terms of styles, fonts, group background colors.

Any help to fix this would be much appreciated! I am hoping I can stay in this format, as other elements in the map have been configured for other surveys that are functioning. 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JessicaJThompson
Frequent Contributor

Hi All!  Update: 

1st hurdle has been overcome!  Some of my survey configurations had to do with the crashing. I got help in the Survey123 questions area from esri. See in the post here: Solved: Re: Survey Crashing Web Browser/EB widget - Esri Community

2-4 Hurdles are being worked on by an esri technician and I will update when we have it all solved. Thanks again for looking things over and thinking it through. 

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JessicaJThompson
Frequent Contributor

Hi All!  Update: 

1st hurdle has been overcome!  Some of my survey configurations had to do with the crashing. I got help in the Survey123 questions area from esri. See in the post here: Solved: Re: Survey Crashing Web Browser/EB widget - Esri Community

2-4 Hurdles are being worked on by an esri technician and I will update when we have it all solved. Thanks again for looking things over and thinking it through.