Select to view content in your preferred language

Multiple layer list Widget in Experience Builder Dev

Jump to solution
08-22-2023 10:55 AM
Cristian_Cedeno
Occasional Contributor

Hi, Does any of you worked with multiple layer list widgets in Experience Builder Developer? My idea is to group the layers of my map by theme, but for each group to have an independent widget button that allows me to turn on, zoom in, etc. For example, one widget for environmental entities, another for urban entities, another for threats, etc.

I could do this in the WebApp Builder, where I could separate and filter my map layers. Currently, the Layer List Widget Built-in in ExB allows me to filter and enable customize layers, but only on one widget that interacts on the map, no more than one. I haven't found any optimal way to develop it either.

Something like the image Below but that works:

Cristian_Cedeno_0-1692725659761.png

I appreciate any ideas, suggestions, or solutions you know about it.

Tags (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

https://community.esri.com/t5/experience-builder-custom-widgets/add-remove-layers-by-group/m-p/12950...

I have a custom widget that should be a good start to what you want.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@Cristian_Cedeno @shildebrand 

You can see the post with the same topic with an explanation here -

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/single-experience-app-page-with-tw...

FYI - We are now considering this as an enhancement for the OOTB function and there is another support ticket for the same issue (ENH-000158009).

View solution in original post

11 Replies
shildebrand
Frequent Contributor

I would love this enhancement in ExB!  We currently use multiple layer list widgets in our applications showing water, wastewater, etc...

Cristian_Cedeno
Occasional Contributor

Totally agree, I'm in the same situation

0 Kudos
Jason_Celeste
Emerging Contributor

It would also be nice to have standard icons/symbols to choose from depicting different layer groupings on the buttons. For example, having a droplet for water, lightning bolt for electric, etc. I used clipart in web appbuilder but built-in standard icons would be better.

webappicons.JPG

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

https://community.esri.com/t5/experience-builder-custom-widgets/add-remove-layers-by-group/m-p/12950...

I have a custom widget that should be a good start to what you want.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
Cristian_Cedeno
Occasional Contributor

Great development, thanks a lot, I'll probably use it as a starting point and reference, I've been having trouble communicating layer services with other widgets.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@Cristian_Cedeno @shildebrand 

You can see the post with the same topic with an explanation here -

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/single-experience-app-page-with-tw...

FYI - We are now considering this as an enhancement for the OOTB function and there is another support ticket for the same issue (ENH-000158009).

Cristian_Cedeno
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the information! and I hope it can be soon

rk2
by
New Contributor

Commented this on another post, but chiming in here too : 

From the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, we are having this exact same issue when trying to transition to Experience Builder from Web App. We need to have multiple customized map layer widgets that interact with the same map. However, the Experience Builder documentation explains: You cannot access the Customize layers setting if multiple Map Layers widgets are connected to the same Map widget.

Right now this a critical barrier. We are not at the place to devote time to create custom widgets in Experience Builder so will be building out future applications in Web App until it is resolved. 

Cristian_Cedeno
Occasional Contributor

Yes, it is a functionality that would be very useful here in ExB, I recommend you look at the previous answers to complement your decision

0 Kudos