Select to view content in your preferred language

Survey returns "only support esri geometry" when Selecting Record in Map

Jump to solution
06-19-2023 12:05 PM
JasminePrater
Occasional Contributor II

I have map and survey widgets within a page and data is being sent from the map to the survey (created in Survey123 Connect).  It has been working without issue until this morning. 

When first opening the page, you can see the survey and it looks normal.  As soon as you click on the shared feature, the form disappears and the following message appears: "only support esri geometry / geojson / xlsForm geometry".  I saved the XLS from the original form, deleted it, created a new one with both the same name and an alternative name and neither new form provided different results.  The only thing shared by both forms were the fields within the form.  I am receiving these results in two separate Experiences, forms, and features.  

Does anyone have any insight as to what could be causing this error?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@JasminePrater, a fix has been deployed. Could you please help confirm if it works for you? Thanks!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@JasminePrater , thanks for letting us know. We delivered a patch to address an issue below. Not sure if the issue you described is caused by that fix. We are looking into it. Meanwhile, to help speed up the process, could you please contact Esri Support for a reproducible sample?

0 Kudos
JasminePrater

I will do that.  Hopefully we can get it resolved ASAP, as I have a few dozen field crew employees using the work order apps that are affected by this issue.

0 Kudos
johnhanry
New Contributor

The error message you are encountering suggests that there might be an issue with the compatibility of the geometry data being sent from the map to the survey. The error specifically states that only Esri geometry, GeoJSON, or XLSForm geometry formats are supported.

Here are a few things you can check to troubleshoot the issue:

1. Verify the data format: Ensure that the data being sent from the map widget to the survey widget is in one of the supported formats mentioned above (Esri geometry, GeoJSON, or XLSForm geometry). If the data format is different, you may need to convert it before sending it to the survey.

2. Check the field mapping: Confirm that the fields in the survey form are correctly mapped to the corresponding fields in the map data. Any inconsistencies or mismatches in the field mapping could result in the error message you are seeing.

3. Validate the XLSForm: Make sure that the XLSForm used for creating the survey is valid and does not contain any errors. You can use the XLSForm validation tools provided by Survey123 Connect or other online validators to ensure the form is properly structured.

4. Examine the data source: If you are using a separate data source for the map and the survey, check if there have been any changes or updates to the data source that might affect the compatibility between the two components. Ensure that the data source is accessible and the necessary permissions are set correctly.

5. Consider recent changes: Reflect on any recent updates or modifications made to the system or the widgets involved. Determine if any changes could have caused the error to occur.

When first opening the page, you can see the survey and it looks normal.  As soon as you click on the shared feature, the form disappears and the following message appears: "only support esri geometry / geojson / xlsForm geometry".  I saved the XLS from the original form, deleted it, created a new one with both the same name and an alternative name and neither new form provided different results.  The only thing shared by both forms was the fields within the form.  I am receiving these results in two separate Experiences, forms, and features.  

JasminePrater

@johnhanry  Thank you for the tips.  I had reviewed the steps you provided before making the ticket and did a bunch of online searching and couldn't find anything.  It looks like it was related to a change Esri made over the weekend that had the unintended result in breaking the connection between the map widget and the survey widget.  As of this morning, all seems to be good.

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@JasminePrater, a fix has been deployed. Could you please help confirm if it works for you? Thanks!

JasminePrater

@Jianxia, I tried it just now and it works!  Thank you for the update.  I will reach out to my technician and let her know it has been fixed.  I appreciate the follow-up!

0 Kudos
AamirJamal
New Contributor

The error message "only support esri geometry" typically indicates that there's a compatibility issue between the geometry format used in the survey data and the expected format by the mapping tool, especially if Esri (Environmental Systems Research Institute) is involved.

best gaming mouse 2024

0 Kudos