Select to view content in your preferred language

Creating a simple map in Experience Builder using just polygons

01-12-2024 03:23 AM
Labels (1)
JonathanHall3
New Contributor II

I wonder if it is possible to create a simple map in Experience Builder, which would just show polygons, without the underlying base map, boundaries/borders of underlying base map?  When you import an existing map created in My Content, it comes surrounded by a standard box/border etc, I'm trying to get a visual akin to simple choropleth map created in MS Powerbi, with the polygons not created using the ArcGIS mapping tool in Powerbi.  Also would it be able to custom format the pop-up boxes on the map in Experience Builder?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TimF
by
New Contributor III

@JonathanHall3 - you can turn off the basemap via the visibility button:

TimF_0-1705068783273.png

Then just a case of re-saving the web-map, and the Experience Builder app will respect this and no longer display the base-map.

Similarly, I would configure the pop-up for the layers I want to appear in the Map Viewer. Customisation can vary, from altering the appearance of fields, adding extra text/images/charts - or going down the Arcade route:

TimF_1-1705069134166.png

More details here: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/create-maps/configure-pop-ups-mv.htm

0 Kudos
JonathanHall3
New Contributor II

Hi, thanks for this, I presume the same would apply to a map imported into ArcGIS ReportBuilder?

0 Kudos
TimF
by
New Contributor III

Hi @JonathanHall3 - sorry I'm not familiar with that particular product so I can't advise on that one. If it picks up a map you've preconfigured in Map Viewer, in a similar manner to the Experience Builder application, then you would hope so. But the proof is in the testing.

0 Kudos