Select to view content in your preferred language

Add attachment to standalone table using edit widget

Jump to solution
01-02-2024 11:11 PM
Labels (1)
HanliePetoors
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I'm working in AGOL with a page that has a table widget and an edit widget. Both are linked to the same standalone table in a feature service.

I use the table widget to select a record, which is then displayed in the edit widget where I can edit the record. I do it like this because I also need to add new records, which I can't do with just the table widget as far as I can tell.

The table has attachments enabled and I can add these in ArcGIS Pro but not in the edit widget in Experience Builder.

Does anybody know if adding attachments to records in a standalone table is possible in Experience Builder?

Thanks

Hanlie

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @HanliePetoors ,

Right now there is a known limitation in the Edit widget where editing a layer in Attribute only mode does not support attachments. We apologize for this inconvenience.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @HanliePetoors ,

Right now there is a known limitation in the Edit widget where editing a layer in Attribute only mode does not support attachments. We apologize for this inconvenience.

0 Kudos
HanliePetoors
Occasional Contributor

Hi Alix,
Thanks for the reply and the confirmation.
Regards
Hanlie

0 Kudos
Sepa-Rated
New Contributor

Hey, if you are desperate, you can edit table attachments with the Instant App - Manager (Beta).

So set that up and just use an embed to bring it into an experience page. Of course you can't seem to add a new record. So use your current setup to add new and edit, then switch pages to your embed to add attachments.

Again, if you're desperate 😛 its not a pretty solution but technically it works.

0 Kudos
HanliePetoors
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply 🙂

I may have to resort to something like this if I can't persuade the client to capture spatial points rather.

Regards

Hanlie

0 Kudos