Sort in List Widget is not properly sorting by Date

08-23-2023 12:08 PM
KaraUtter2
New Contributor III

Experience Builder in ArcGIS Online, not enterprise.

When I choose to sort my List Widget by the Date Field, which is properly defined as a Date field in the schema, it is actually sorting by the month number instead of date. And for some reason the record without a date is up there at the top instead of bottom, as well.  See Screenshot below, 7/31/2024 is listed at the top before 9/7/2023 - so it's not considering the actual date and year but only the month....

KaraUtter2_0-1692817659845.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

It's also including a null value in the middle of the list... I would triple-check the sorting settings, it sounds like something's gone wrong there.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
KaraUtter2
New Contributor III

Exactly why I am putting in a ticket - the sorting settings are fine. The issue is in the widget configuration - this is definitely a developer issue.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you add other fields to the list to see if it's accidentally sorting by something else, or ignoring your settings and sorting by the ObjectID or something?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
KirkKirchner1
New Contributor II

I am seeing this same issue. Please have someone from Esri look into this 

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi @KaraUtter2 and @KirkKirchner1 , 

Could you share with us a sample data for testing? We did not reproduce the issue with in-house testing data. There could be something special with your date format. 

Thanks, 

Dan

0 Kudos