Select to view content in your preferred language

Share Experience Builder Dev Edition with external org

Jump to solution
07-25-2023 04:57 PM
ForrestCainGH
New Contributor II

I'm working on an experience builder dev edition deployment and my team is asking about being able to share with an external org.  We already have the app deployed to azure static webapps site and all is good there.  We also have the registered app item shared with the followers group and the they can access it from their org to see the details.  However the URL to the actual app links them to our organization to login (as expected based on the clientid and portal url in the config.json), and since they don't have an account on our org it does not work.  What's the official take on this? Anyway to make it work like non-dev edition?

@GavinRehkemper 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @ForrestCainGH ,

Thanks for your feedback! Can I ask more details about your case? 

1. Where did you register the app item? Your organization? And then share it in a group where your customers are included? They access from the item not the application URL? 

2. Does your app contain any data that are still hosted in your organization and not shared publicly? 

Thanks,

Wei 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
WeiYing1
Esri Contributor

Hi @ForrestCainGH ,

Thanks for your feedback! Can I ask more details about your case? 

1. Where did you register the app item? Your organization? And then share it in a group where your customers are included? They access from the item not the application URL? 

2. Does your app contain any data that are still hosted in your organization and not shared publicly? 

Thanks,

Wei 

0 Kudos
ForrestCainGH
New Contributor II

Thanks WeiYing1 for connect back.  I was actually able to get this working, but yes we registered it within our org, and shared to a group they own but our org is a part of.  And yes we have data that is not shared publicly.

The fix was to replace any reference to our org with "arcgis.com" in the app config.json and any widget configs, this way it brings them to the ArcGIS login (not the org login) and they are able to log into agol regardless of the org they are apart of, and as long as they are apart of the shared group, they have access to the app.

0 Kudos