Service-worker not syncing properly

Jump to solution
04-13-2021 02:21 PM
UalasRohrer
New Contributor III

Hello! It was mentioned in an Experience Builder session at the Esri Developer Summit that the service-worker is not syncing properly causing clients to visualize older versions of the experience instead of the latest.

My application is having this exact issue. When my users try to access the experience, they visualize an older version of the app. I usually need to request them to delete all cache before accessing the experience.

I would like to know if there's already a fix for that. Also, I would like to know if there's a public issue tracker which we can use to follow up.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ualas,

This is fixed in our 1.4 release which is expected to release around May 13. As a workaround, you change the URL by using a redirect. This will avoid the cache issue totally.  I didn't see a public issue reported for this. 

Cheers,

David

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Ualas,

This is fixed in our 1.4 release which is expected to release around May 13. As a workaround, you change the URL by using a redirect. This will avoid the cache issue totally.  I didn't see a public issue reported for this. 

Cheers,

David

UalasRohrer
New Contributor III

Thank you David! I'll use this workaround until the next version is released.

Ualas

0 Kudos