Select to view content in your preferred language

Selection widget to select based on other features attributes

05-23-2024 01:33 PM
Labels (1)
Massih118
New Contributor

I have a feature class of sewer pipes. In the attribute table, it specifies what the downstream pipe is for each pipe. The goal is to publish a WebApp where, when a pipe is selected, all the downstream pipes are also selected. I know the Utility Network Trace widget would do that, but my data is not set up using Utility Network. I'm hoping to use a widget or modify the Select widget to work that way. It seems the selection process has to go through a loop:

1. Select a feature,
  2. Find the downstream pipe from the attribute table,
  3. Select the connected pipe,
  4. Find its downstream pipe. So on and so forth.

I have never worked with Utility Network, but if it is easy to convert the feature class to a network and publish, I'd prefer to do that. However, I'm not sure what licensing it will require, as the last time I received an error stating "the publishing user is not the utility network creator" when I tried to publish a utility network. I have access to an ArcGIS Pro Advanced license and ArcGIS Online.

I'd appreciate any help regarding this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AdedoyinAjeyomi
New Contributor

You can use group filter to create a filter that is based on similar field across your data,once you query it,everything with same attributes is queried 

0 Kudos