Select information on a multiple data source

Jump to solution
10-18-2023 08:33 AM
JasonBOCQUET
Frequent Contributor

Hi community.

I want to know if it's possible to set request on more than 1 data source ?

For example :

I have a list of society (Data 1). I  want to set a request to choose one of them society, and when i choose one of them it's loading a list of the building owned by this society (Data 2) in a widget List. 

The common ID it's the name of the society.

It is possible to do something like that ? 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

As I understand your problem you have two lists connected to two separate feature layers that share a column of related data and you want to select List1 and have List2 filter. You should be able to do this with a message action.

1. Select the Action tab in List1 > Message Action > Record Selection Changes > Framework. (In my example, List1 is ParksFacitlity - Park Property.)
  2. Set the Action data to the data List2 is based on. (Park Property in this example.)
  3. Set the trigger/action connection to the shared column. (List1 values in Name1 will filter matching values in ID of List2.)

JeffreyThompson2_0-1697650379037.png

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

As I understand your problem you have two lists connected to two separate feature layers that share a column of related data and you want to select List1 and have List2 filter. You should be able to do this with a message action.

1. Select the Action tab in List1 > Message Action > Record Selection Changes > Framework. (In my example, List1 is ParksFacitlity - Park Property.)
  2. Set the Action data to the data List2 is based on. (Park Property in this example.)
  3. Set the trigger/action connection to the shared column. (List1 values in Name1 will filter matching values in ID of List2.)

JeffreyThompson2_0-1697650379037.png

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
JasonBOCQUET
Frequent Contributor

Oh it's great ! that's what  I need ! big thanks 

It is possible to make the same things, but with multiple data source or it's limited to 2 data sources ?

To return to my previous exemple : I select one society on my List (Source1), it select/filter the building where the society is on my Map Widget (Source 2) and the application select in a Table Widget the information of Transaction (Source 3). It is possible to do that ?

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

You can trigger multiple framework actions off of the same event, so this should be possible as well.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
JasonBOCQUET
Frequent Contributor

Ok ! thanks, you solve my problem 🙂

0 Kudos