Select to view content in your preferred language

Multiple date filter in Experience

10-16-2022 07:21 PM
MangatuIntegrated
Occasional Contributor

Hi, I'm building something in Argis Experience. I have a webmap with several layers, all with date fields. Rather than have three different filter controlling each of the datasets individually, is there a way of having one which controls them all?

Thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
4 Replies
SophiaUthe
Emerging Contributor

I'm not sure what you're filtering for, but you want to use a widget that can do the message action "Record Selection Changes" and then use the Filter action. Widgets that can do this include the list, search, and query widget and I would recommend them in that order. Hope this helps! 

MangatuIntegrated
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

I don't think I explained my problem very clearly.

I have a map which I'm using in a dashboard to display three different types activity on an area of land. The data for these activities come from survey123 and a feature layer.

Currently to display all the activity which is taking place on a certain day on this land I have to populate individual filters for each of these activities

MangatuIntegrated_0-1666213360041.png

What I was hoping to achieve was to have one date filter, so my users wouldn't have to fill in the dates three times over.

I've been tinkering with the timeline widget, but I can't make it work. I'll have a look at the query widget and see if I get any joy with that.

Hope this makes things clearer.

Thanks 

Andrew

0 Kudos
MangatuIntegrated
Occasional Contributor

So, I think I solved my problem.

The timeline widget was the one to use, but when I first tried to use it, there was no data to select. Turns out that I had to go into each layer and enable the Time Settings

MangatuIntegrated_0-1668653413105.png

Once I'd done that in each of the layers I wanted to filter, I was able to add each layer to the widget and could then filter all the elements from the timeline.

0 Kudos
rogue_recon
Emerging Contributor

I have a similar goal and my layers have the date and time in the attributes, but I am not seeing that enable feature you posted. Have any idea where else I can look? 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos