Select to view content in your preferred language

Search tool of the Map widget vs. Search Widget (EXB developer edition on Enterprise 10.9.1)

07-10-2024 09:21 AM
ChenChen4
New Contributor III

I notice that the Search widget does not display a pop-up window when addresses are found on the map. When I switch the turn on the Search tool associated with the Map widget, I saw the pop-up window. I have several questions regarding the Search widget/Search tool.  Are there any customizations allowed for the Search tool? For example, can I make the pop-up window smaller and give it a different color etc.?

ChenChen4_0-1720628207136.png

How can I remove the Geocoder from the Search dropdown? I can confirm that it is not in the Utility service: 

ChenChen4_1-1720628384878.png

If the Search tool within the Map Widget is not configurable, can I add the pop-up window to the search results from the Search Widget? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

The only time I see the geocoder is when I have selected that utility. Been over a year since I used 10.9.1 though. 

Laura_0-1720645776862.png

You are correct that you cannot configure the search 'widget' that is attached to the map. 

For popups..

I see this is available in AGOL but not enterprise. You would need developer edition 1.13

Laura_1-1720646222052.png

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-ideas/pop-up-on-feature-selected-in-search-w...

ChenChen4
New Contributor III

Thanks my friend. I was using the EXB developer edition v.1.14 to build the web app and I have checked the "show pop-up upon feature selection" option:

ChenChen4_0-1720659233288.png

Users don't like the appearance of the pop-up window and they are wondering if the pop-up windows can be smaller, but I don't believe it's customizable.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@ChenChen4 For the geocoder configuration of the map search tool, try going into the web map AGOL item page settings, and you may find something there:

TonghuiMing_0-1720667896142.png

ChenChen4
New Contributor III

Thanks @TonghuiMing 

I checked the Web Map settings and the "Enable Search" option is checked:

ChenChen4_0-1720721133994.png

0 Kudos
FaithBest
New Contributor II

In the Web Map (Map Viewer) you can configure the popups and change the alias name, turn on or off attributes and you can also use Arcade to generate a more custom popup. Hope that helps. 

0 Kudos
ChenChen4
New Contributor III

Thanks my friend, but I'm not looking for feature layer popups. I need to a pop-up window for Geocode results from the Search Widget.  The workaround is to turn on the Search tool within the Map Widget and remove the Search Widget.  The Search tool provides the popup for any Geocoded results.