Query multiple layers

05-12-2022 03:47 AM
SarahNoakes1
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

I'm new to Experience Builder. I've been asked to develop an app that is essentially a spatial query on multiple layers.

I've used the Query widget to allow a user to draw on the map and query a single data source.  Is it possible to extend this to multiple data sources?  Or do I need to wait for an equivalent to the Web AppBuilder Screening widget (and if so does anyone know roughly where that is on the roadmap?

Thanks,

Sarah
Cornwall Council

0 Kudos
6 Replies
AdejumoBidemi
New Contributor III

I believe you can use the Experience Builder Query widget;

Spatial filter>Filter by> Selected features from data source>Add filter layer>Add All the layers needed

0 Kudos
SarahNoakes1

Hi @AdejumoBidemi ,

Thanks for your response.  Unfortunately that doesn't do what I want.

Using the Selected features from data source option allows you to select features from one layer based on the features in another layer. What I want to do is allow a user to draw a shape on the map and use that graphic to query multiple layers. But the query widget only allows you to query a single layer at a time.

Thanks,

Sarah
Cornwall Council

0 Kudos
AdejumoBidemi
New Contributor III

I found a widget on WebApp Builder called Screening, it should be able to do what you want... Try it

0 Kudos
SarahNoakes1

Thanks for responding again.  However, I am well aware of the Web AppBuilder Screening widget - that is exactly the functionality I would like to replicate in Experience Builder.

TianWen
Esri Contributor

Thanks for the post. The enhancement is under consideration. Will let you know once the clear roadmap is determined. Thank you!

CarmellaBurdi1
New Contributor III

Any movement on this? 

0 Kudos