Select to view content in your preferred language

Possible solution if the EXB download fails

Jump to solution
07-29-2023 08:06 PM
DavidDas__GISP
Occasional Contributor II

You may have run into this issue where you are attempting to Download a ZIP file of your Experience Builder Developer Project.

DavidDas__GISP_0-1690686267451.png

The download process spawns a Loading Page with a spinning wheel.

DavidDas__GISP_1-1690686267453.png

After waiting for a while, you get this error message:

DavidDas__GISP_2-1690686267454.png

So you attempt to Download the ZIP file a second time.

You get this new error message:

Not Found

DavidDas__GISP_3-1690686267456.png

How do you proceed?

I have found a way get around this issue which works most of the time.

You can manually assemble the necessary files by following the steps in the included PDF.

Best regards,

David Das

18 Replies
MicahWilliamson
Occasional Contributor II

MY FIX: Was whitelisting the C:\<install location>\ArcGISExperienceBuilder folder with our virus protection software. We use a cloud managed version of Trend Micro. I first asked/bribed/threatened our IT to uninstall it for 5 minutes to allow me to troubleshoot. then when it worked, I Esri told me to whitelist the install director of ExB. This has worked consistently for about a day. Back in business! 

0 Kudos
MarcelŠíp
Esri Contributor

As a workaround you may also export the app from the terminal using a node script as described in a separate post by @GavinRehkemper: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-blog/experience-builder-devops-generating-th... 

MichaelLev
Regular Contributor

@MarcelŠíp Thanks a lot! I use Gavins's script many times every day (by cmd file) and it works fantastic.

MichaelLev
Regular Contributor

Thanks a lot, since this problem just scared me off!

I succeeded to download by deleting the "temp" folder in server folder,

and then download succeeded by running server either as administrator or not.

Good to know there is also Gavin's way!

but it's good to know there is another safe way.

0 Kudos
Layelmam_Mohammed
New Contributor II

Hello I have the same problem. I have EXD version 1.13 and I have tested several versions of Node 16 18 20 but I cannot download the Zipfile. I hope that an ESRI technical manager can answer me, I cannot contact ESRI support, it is urgent.

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

@TonghuiMing or @ShengdiZhang, any chance either of you have any suggestions you'd be able to offer @Layelmam_Mohammed? They've already tried to workaround(s) suggested below without success. 

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content
0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@JesseCloutier Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Earlier our team was on holiday so just noticed this.

We have come across several cases where the user's anti-virus software is the reason for blocking downloads from the 3001 environment. @Layelmam_Mohammed Maybe you can give it a check. Thanks.

JasonHildrethCityofTacoma
New Contributor II

I ended up changing the permissions on the Experience Builder folder itself and that fixed the problem for me (in Windows). Just right click the EXB Dev folder and change everything to read/write.

For some reason when I installed it did not have the proper permissions. Your mileage may vary. 

This also worked before I figured out the permissions issue:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-blog/experience-builder-devops-generating-th...

0 Kudos
TianWen
Esri Contributor

Could you attempt to disable your antivirus or its web protection mode and see if that resolves the issue? In most cases, this should resolve the issue.

0 Kudos