Popup has very slow response in EB compare to new map viewer

09-20-2021 02:34 AM
Stefan_Thorn
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Community and @Junshan_Liu  @TianWen,

Some background:

Within a Project Delivery Site (AGOL), I am gradually moving from the classic map viewer and web map applications to the new map viewer. The availability to add group layers in an easy way but also the demand from the project organization to have the maps from the technical disciplines combined in to one map is forcing this.

Those separate maps I have shared as web map applications (WMA) with easy interface and no unnecessary buttons. Combining these separate maps in a WMA and create 'group layers' with the layer widget is awful job. I did it for one discipline.

Question:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to create a web map application and maintain the group layers like in the new map viewer. Therefor, I made an app in Experience Builder. I think it works pretty well but the response time for a popup is very slow. In the map viewer it takes about 1-2 seconds but in EB app it takes about 15 seconds before the popup appears. Only one layer is visible.

SThorn_0-1632129660850.png

I am not a developer, but how can I improve this performance?

If it is not possible how can I disable the UI from the new map viewer ?

4 Replies
Stefan_Thorn

any replies from esri? @Jianxia 

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@Stefan_Thorn Unfortunately I am not able to reproduce the problem you are encountering with the online edition. Simply create a group layer in the new Map Viewer, add a few layers in the group, then turn on the popup for each layers. Save and bring the map to Experience Builder, the popup shows fine without delay. As a test, could you create an instant app with the map and see if the delay occurs there?

Assume that you are using Experiencer Builder online edition. 

Stefan_Thorn

Hi @Jianxia,

Thank you for your reply. I solved the problem. The way I set up the Viewer and experimenting, I probably  using the wrong settings in this case. 

I used two sidebars. The sidebar below I used to show records from selected features in a table. I set this up comparable as with the select widget in a web map application.

When I removed the sidebar below, the popups appear as expected. 

Maybe you have some suggestions for me?

Stefan_Thorn_1-1633514555339.png

Stefan_Thorn_2-1633514718850.png

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@Stefan_Thorn - the popup shows only when the feature on the map is clicked. The selection would not trigger the popup. To solve it, use the Feature Info widget, which is indeed a popup on the side panel, to show the content in the popup for selected features.

0 Kudos