Select to view content in your preferred language

Near Me widget much too slow

08-16-2023 04:01 AM
Labels (1)
KellieHeney
Occasional Contributor

I am currently working on trying to recreate a Web Appbuilder application in Experience Builder. One of the most popular features in the Web AppBuilder application that my users use is the Near Me widget. With this widget they can easily and quickly see a summary of features, from a number of layers, that fall within a specified distance of their area of interest.

I was very excited to see this tool be added to Experience Builder. It seems to work great, quickly, and as expected if I am only using one Analysis Layer. However, if I add even one additional Analysis Layer, the widget slows to a crawl, takes several minutes to load the results, and often my browser will become non-responsive.

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Is there a workaround? I know this widget is still in beta, so maybe it will be addressed in a future update?

The ability to have multiple Analysis Layers working just as quickly as they do in Web AppBuilder is essential, and I will not be able to successfully migrate to Experience Builder without it, so I am hoping there is a solution to this problem.

Thank you!

10 Replies
BrandonPrice1
Frequent Contributor

Hello,

Is there anything that also can be done to get my Near Me working faster for this app: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/4b60526db54748a3be0ef0f89e404137?

Try searching for parcel 4462032013 under the Risks/Habitats search to test it. The parcel field being queried in the near me has 100 fields (only 9 displayed in the popup). Could that be a factor?

0 Kudos