Select to view content in your preferred language

Interaction between filtered List Widget and other widget

01-03-2024 07:50 AM
Labels (1)
JasonBOCQUET
Frequent Contributor

Hello, I have a question about the interaction between widgets.

Context : My data is about societies and their establishment. One society (ESRI for example) can have a multitude of establishment around the world. The society is identify in the table by a field called 'Siège' (headquarters). When it's 1, the establishment is the headquarters, and if it's 0, it's one of the many establishment of the society.

What I want to do : I want to allow my users to see with a widget List all of the societies implemented in my data. But if i use my data without any modification, the headquarter (the society) and all of the establishment appears in the list. So for example if ESRI have 100 establishment in the world, it appears 100 times. Not very appreciable for a List of Society. In the worst case I have the french society "La Poste" who appears 9978 times.

To resolve this problem i use this solution : I created a view of my data with a filter on the 'Siège' field to keep only the "1" (the society). It's good my list have only 1 element each society.

But I want to do this : With filter widgets, i want to allow the user to filter the list of society with multiple parameter : date of creation, number of employees, etc. This is not a problem and it work very well. 

However, I would like it if, after having made the filters, the user could select one of the companies in the list, and in a table widget all the establishments linked to this company would appear. But I can't find how to do it.

When the user use the filter, the table is actualised with all of the establishment depending of the remaining society in the list. But if it stay for example 7 society and the user want to select one of them, the table doesn't actualized the information. The only solution that the user have is to filter very precisely to keep only ONE society on the list. But this solution is not ergonomic.

Anyone have an idea of how to implement my idea ? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Possible solution: Separate your headquarters into their own Feature Layer with all of the data necessary for the filters to work. Place the headquarters layer in the List Widget and use the Filter Widget on that layer's data. In the List Widget, use the Message Action > Record Selection Changes > Framework > Filter Data Records option to filter the Feature Layer with all the data.

If that doesn't work, the other solution is to build your own custom list and table widgets where when selected the list sends a message to load a Feature Table from the JS API with the appropriate data. Done right this could be a really nice user experience, but building a custom list widget is a challenge.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET
Frequent Contributor

Hi, your first solution it's a good idea but it create for my users other problem. I need to allow my user to interact with the society AND the establishment in the same time.

For example, if i look for ESRI society, i can be able to see all of the ESRI establishment and access to a couple of data linked to the establishment on diagrams and table widget.

With my solution, actually i have the problem that i describe before : the user can't select a society and have the information of the establishment associated.

But with your solution, i can only filter on society OR establishment and i got the problem that i reveletad here few weeks ago : https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/interaction-between-1-m-data/m-p/1...

To explain simply, here is the plan in my mind :

The user use filter to find 1 or more society. When he filter the societies data, all of the data was actualized : establishment AND other data linked to (transaction, building where the establishment is, etc). But, the user have to can click on one of the society in the list to select all of the establishment linked to and have more accurate information on the society that is select.

If i use only one data source with society and establishment combined, i can filter easily on both but the selection is not efficient and if i use two data source with society and establishment dissociated, i can't filter on both so this forces the user to select society one by one to have the information that he need.

I think i'm blocked with 2 possibility but not efficiency solution 😞

0 Kudos