Map/survey connection not working with survey created in Connect

05-08-2023 11:04 AM
JohnLovette1
New Contributor II

I am attempting to create a ExB app to function as a reservation system. Users would select a location on the map which would then populate a number of fields in the embedded survey using field/question connections. In testing with my survey built in Connect, the connection does not populate anything, but when trying the same field population to a dummy survey created through the online interface, the connection works as intended. Field types and restrictions are the same between both surveys.

Image for demonstration:

JohnLovette1_0-1683569023393.png

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Kara_Shindle
Occasional Contributor III

Did you update the submission URL in the Survey123 connect XML file to point to the appropriate URL?  Did you set up the link fields in the Experience builder?  Not sure where the disconnect is in this workflow as the building of surveys on existing feature services can be a bit of a pain to implement.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-survey123-blog/working-with-existing-feature-services-in-arcgis...

0 Kudos
JohnLovette1
New Contributor II

The survey is not built on an existing feature service. I'm just hoping to use the Send Data functionality with link fields within ExB to push a couple of fields from the map to the survey.

0 Kudos
Kara_Shindle

Ok, that narrows it down a lot.

Is the "Send data to this survey" settings in Experience looking normal?  Were you able to add a data connection?  What does this screen look like?  This is from one of my experiences that sends to a survey built in Connect.

experience data connection.png

0 Kudos
JohnLovette1
New Contributor II

Yes, I believe I have all of that set up correctly.

Here is the setup for the survey created in Surver123 web:

JohnLovette1_0-1683653492319.png

And here is the setup for the survey created in Connect...

JohnLovette1_1-1683653549510.png

Both set up exactly the same. Do you know if there are any under the hood features of surveys created in Connect that would prevent this link with the map from functioning properly?

0 Kudos
Kara_Shindle

Without seeing your connect survey, my thoughts involve the following:

- did you reformat the submission URL on the XLS settings tab?  (I know the url can be a pain when building in connect & must be a certain format to talk to the survey)

- are you able to submit a response to the Connect survey outside of experience?

- Are you using the same map doc & source layer for both surveys? Have you tried a new map?

0 Kudos