Select to view content in your preferred language

Map Layers Widget - Map Very Slow after Opening

01-08-2024 09:50 AM
JohnLucotch2
Occasional Contributor

Good Morning,

We are working on migrating an application from Web Application Builder to Experience.  The application has a fair amount of Layers.  We noticed once you open the Map Layers Widget, the drawing of the web map slows to a stop.  Is there anyway to turn off the scale check like you could in Web Application Builder or does anyone have any ideas to improve the map performance with the Map Layers Widget? 

0 Kudos
7 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JohnLucotch2 , please would you be able to share a screenshot for what you are referring as "turn off the scale check like you could in Web Application Builder"? I just want to make sure I understand which functionality you are referring to.

0 Kudos
JohnLucotch2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks!  I don't have the code on me but the WAB code looked at each map layer to see if it was visible or not.  If it was not visible it would turn gray or visa versa.  I'm just trying to find a useable approach for the Map Layers in EB as anything over 10 layers is slowing the draw time tremendously. 

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

You can set layer scale visibility in the web map from the Map Viewer. For example: 

AlixVezina_0-1704843186612.png

Once this is set for a layer in the web map, the Map Layers widget should respect that scale visibility and not show that layer in the map unless it is within scale.

You can also turn off the visibility of some layers altogether if they are not needed on load.

0 Kudos
JohnLucotch2
Occasional Contributor

Thanks we are doing all of these and anything over 10 is dragging.  This is in EB and the widget in the JS API.  We have seen it with multiple clients as well.  Thanks for your help but might just need to stay at 3 for now!

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Are you using the Experience Builder developer edition and a custom widget?

0 Kudos
JohnLucotch2
Occasional Contributor

No just EB with the Map Layers Widget

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

In this case, if you would like to find a resolution to this problem, I would recommend reaching out to Esri Technical Support so they can help identify the source of the issue. Thank you!