Select to view content in your preferred language

Lots of problems with Text widget when trying to use bullets and numbering

yesterday
FranklinAlexander
Occasional Contributor III

I am having a lot of problems with the Text widget when trying to using numbering and bullets:

1. It is impossible to resume numbering for an ordered list if any of the numbered items have bullets. The number ALWAYS restarts at 1 on the next item and I can't find any way to fix this. 

2. There doesn't seem to be any way to change the font color of the numbering so it matches the text. If I highlight all of the text (including the numbering) only the text will change to the selected font color, the numbers remain white and are invisible on a white background. I was able to use custom styling to get the numbers the desired color, but shouldn't have to do that. 

3. A couple of things that are of lesser importance, but can be a little annoying:

a. It would be nice to be able to embed an Image widget inside of a Text widget

b. It would be nice to have some control over the numbering/bullet indents.

I know the obvious solution to most of the issues above would be to use a Text widget for every paragraph or bulleted item. As a practice, I normally embed my Text widgets into a Fixed panel because it adds some flexibility such as padding for the text and the ability to add images. In summation, I end up using a LOT of widgets which can make positioning and styling complicated, instead of being able to create the desired content using a single Text widget. The other issue with this solution is that you loose any ability for text overflow so not good if you need to display a lot of information and scrolling is required.

0 Kudos
0 Replies