Select to view content in your preferred language

Landscape Mode for Phone and Tablet devices

07-18-2024 06:38 PM
AndrewCastilloTBSL
Esri Contributor

I have noticed something,

So in Experience Builder, I have an Embed Widget where I embed a dashboard. I notice that in phone portrait the mobile version of my embed dashboard shows well but when I tilt my phone to landscape mode it changes into the Tablet Version of the embed dashboard.

As for the tablet, the portrait of the embed dashboard shows well but when I tilt it to landscape it switches to the desktop version.

I'm really not see anyway how I can have it stay as a portrait even when you tilt it to the landscape.

I don't know if Experience Builder has any way to edit landscape mode for mobile devices  especially if your embedding a dashboard in it or this is just a something that isn't configurable yet.

has anyone had experience with this before?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @AndrewCastilloTBSL., there is a public enhancement (ENH-000135197) for supporting the Landscape mode. Could you please add your request to it? In the meantime,  does it work for you if the portrait mode is locked while a message is provided  to switch to the portrait mode when the user tries to use the app in the landscape mode?

0 Kudos
AndrewCastilloTBSL
Esri Contributor

Hi @Jianxia, I'm looking for the public enhancement (ENH-000135197) for supporting the Landscape mode you mentioned but I am having trouble finding it, is there a link that can take me to it.

Also, I'm not really finding a configuration option inside Experience Builder that allows me to lock it on portrait screen. I even tried asking the question on Esri Support App where it told me "Currently there is no direct feature in ArcGIS Experience Builder to lock the orientation to portrait mode on mobile devices."

But I can make a splash screen in the mobile version of the dashboard saying that its best not to rotate your phone in landscape mode when viewing the app on mobile devices.

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@AndrewCastilloTBSL, my bad for not making it clear. Currently there is no such option to lock the portrait or configure the landscape mode. I tried to understand your requirements and asked if support for locking the portrait mode would work for you. 

0 Kudos
AndrewCastilloTBSL
Esri Contributor

Hello again, ok well I don't need it to be locked I just wanted to know if there were any configurations in Exb for landscape but appears not for now. I believe for the app I have I can just place it in a splash screen saying the mobile version is best to be viewed in portrait mode.

Thank you so much for responding to my questions.

0 Kudos