Select to view content in your preferred language

Keyboard Controls for Experience Builder's Built-In Image Carousel

Jump to solution
07-25-2024 08:48 AM
Labels (1)
JeffreySchmidt3000
New Contributor III

I am wondering if there are keyboard controls for the image carousel in Experience Builder that gets used when there are multiple image attachments connected to a record?  It would be a worthwhile component to include in a future release to meet some ADA requirements if it is not already incorporated.  

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, @JeffreySchmidt3000 - thanks for the clarification. That does look like a missed case; we will look at it and try to resolve it.

Also, just out of curiosity - is your image configured with links or not? I know it may not affect your above behavior, but this could be something I want to include in the testing later.

Thanks for bringing this up!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @JeffreySchmidt3000 - to be specific, is it the feature pop-up attachment, or feature info widget, or inside the image widget that you are talking about?

0 Kudos
JeffreySchmidt3000
New Contributor III

Hi @TonghuiMing Let me send along some screenshots.  It is part of the image widget.  I cannot get focus on the image buttons on the left/right of the image container, it simply skips past them both.   Here is an example public experience.  https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/0810844003f149faa1a3aeaa64d7d42e

ImageGalleryinBrowser.png

ImageGalleryInBuiler.png

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, @JeffreySchmidt3000 - thanks for the clarification. That does look like a missed case; we will look at it and try to resolve it.

Also, just out of curiosity - is your image configured with links or not? I know it may not affect your above behavior, but this could be something I want to include in the testing later.

Thanks for bringing this up!

JeffreySchmidt3000
New Contributor III

Thank you @TonghuiMing!  I appreciate you looking into it more.  To answer your question, no the image was not configured with links.  I have considered using a link so that the image may be opened to a larger size in a window. Often the viewers of my experience are looking at a list, where they see a small thumbnail sized image gallery.  To view a larger image, I could include a link that opens an image in a window.  A better solution may be including optional expand/resize controls in the image carousel frame.  

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

I see. We will take that into consideration as well.

0 Kudos