Is there an option to change bar chart colours?

Jump to solution
10-21-2021 06:34 PM
Hayley
by
Occasional Contributor II

Instead of having three blue bars, is there an option where I can change each bar to different colours? 

Hayley_0-1634866359718.png

HL
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Click on Series, then click the Edit icon next to the series name. You'll see a Symbol section which will enable you to change the bar color.

jcarlson_0-1634909907040.png

However, this will only work for the entire series. It appears your chart is configured to show the values per field, and that will consider the fields as separate items in the same series.

Without reshaping your data, I don't know that you can get individual items in a single series to be colored differently.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Click on Series, then click the Edit icon next to the series name. You'll see a Symbol section which will enable you to change the bar color.

jcarlson_0-1634909907040.png

However, this will only work for the entire series. It appears your chart is configured to show the values per field, and that will consider the fields as separate items in the same series.

Without reshaping your data, I don't know that you can get individual items in a single series to be colored differently.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
Hayley
by

Hi Josh, thanks for your response. 

So in order to get different colours, I would need each field to come from a different data source? 

HL
0 Kudos
KaraUtter
Occasional Contributor III

From what I'm seeing, the colors are by field which would mean you would have to create a dataset that looks like this:

Pop2006, Pop2013, Pop2018

Count2006, Count2013, Count2018

Instead of simply being able to have a count and color for different categories in a single field. This is a big frustration and not very database-management friendly.

Hayley
by

Yeah quite annoying, hopefully they bring this functionality into a future update!

HL
KaraUtter
Occasional Contributor III