Select to view content in your preferred language

Analysis Widget Custom Tool input from GPDataFile parameter

4 weeks ago
Labels (1)
DonMorrison1
Frequent Contributor

I have a geoprocessing task that currently runs OK in a ArcGIS Online Web App Builder app. One of the input paramters (type=GPDataFIle) allows the user to upload a file, which then gets processed by the task.  Now we are moving to ArcGIS Online Experience Builder so I create a Analysis widget and specify the task as a Custom Web Tool. We when I go to run the tool,  that input parameter no longer appears to support file upload. Instead the I can only select an item form My Content,  My favorites, ... Living Atlas, and ArcGIS Online.  Is this a mistake? How or when can I do the file upload?  

Update:  Even worse, it looks like the file type is limited to just PDFs, CSVs, and Word Documents.  Other file types such as zipped shape files are not allowed

0 Kudos
3 Replies
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

@DonMorrison1 Thanks for your feedback! 

Could you double check if the gp service has upload capability enabled 

WeiYing1_0-1728072071867.jpeg

Also check if the "Allow local file upload" in the tool config is checked on

WeiYing1_1-1728072180513.jpeg

0 Kudos
WeiYing1
Esri Regular Contributor

"Update:  Even worse, it looks like the file type is limited to just PDFs, CSVs, and Word Documents.  Other file types such as zipped shape files are not allowed"

".zip" is supported for GPDataFile type. Could you check your service REST end point, for the allowed file type? (You can find configure it at admin REST endpoint for each gp service)

WeiYing1_2-1728072910335.jpeg

0 Kudos
DonMorrison1
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for you suggestion @WeiYing1 .  I'm working on a very back level ArcGIS Pro and Server so that might be part of the problem because I was unable to recreate the problem on the current level of software. That said, on the old software, when I look the REST service in Server Manager, "Uploads" is enabled. but when I look at the REST server JSON is appears not to be enabled.  I hope to get my server updated in the next week or so, so maybe that will fix the problem

DonMorrison1_0-1728313454156.png

{
 "currentVersion": 10.61,
 "cimVersion": "2.2.0",
 "serviceDescription": "ROW geoprocessing tools.",
 "tasks": [
  "BeeAnalyis",
  "BeeReport",
  "Clean and Validate Organization Data",
  "GeoImport"
 ],
 "executionType": "esriExecutionTypeAsynchronous",