Select to view content in your preferred language

Is there a widget that allows you to add a video that plays when a feature is selected?

03-01-2022 07:06 AM
GarySchells
New Contributor III

I'm working on my first experience.  My customer has video clips they would like included that would play when a feature is selected.  I'd also be interested to know if you can display multiple images when a single feature is selected in a map.  I appreciate any feedback.

Thank you

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Both the hyperlink and the attached images would have to be added into the attribute table of the feature class before publishing it as a feature service.  Then you can access the feature service in the experience.  Make sure you enable attachments of the feature class first.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos
JonathanMcDougall
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

Yeah, I work with a gully dataset that currently has 41k inspection records with attached photos (proof of inspection). In ExpB the user can select a feature then click on an "inspect" icon that opens the related table with the attachments. The photos are show, along with a hyperlink. The videos can be created and managed in same way.

JonathanMcDougall_0-1646147630448.png

GarySchells
New Contributor III

Thank you for the quick replies.  I didn't realize I'd need to have the images attached to the table.  I was thinking I could create an image widget and when a user clicked a feature I could assign the specific image to the widget.

I have parks with multiple trail markers.   Each marker will have one or more photos to display when selected.

And I don't see a "video" widget.  What widget would I use to show videos?

Thank  you

0 Kudos
ABishop
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello Gary,

The attachments in the attribute table will allow more than one attachment and show up in the viewer as such after you publish the service.

The video you will add as a hyperlink in a attribute table field and I think the video will default to opening with whatever the end user has configured as their media player.  You will have to test this.

Amanda Bishop, GISP
0 Kudos