Is it possible to view related table attachments in an Experience?

Jump to solution
06-28-2021 12:27 PM
Kara_Shindle
Occasional Contributor III

Feature service published via ArcGIS Enterprise

I want users to be able to upload inspection PDFs to a feature in an experience or embed dashboard using a Survey123 form.

I set up a Survey123 that feeds a related table with attachments.

How can I view the attachments of my related table in an Experience?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonathanMcDougall

@Kara_Shindle 

Hi, so as shown above - you have to ensure the relationship between feature and inspection is maintained and this is done by having the data action in the Map linking your map feature, to the inspection table Feature Info.
Even if you have multiple inspections on a feature, as I do, the feature info will filter to show all. 

NOTE - actually just realised I posted the solution also in another of your posts. I'll show the data action required here too.

JonathanMcDougall_0-1624968470842.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JonathanMcDougall

@Kara_Shindle 

First off, could the inspections be done digitally eg; using Survey123 to avoid having pdfs in the first place?

Beyond that, yes, attachments can be viewed from the Feature Info widget, from a related table.

JonathanMcDougall_0-1624912433668.png

You can see there I've got an inspection picture held against a feature, the picture is a related table attachment.

0 Kudos
Kara_Shindle

No the inspections can't be done via Survey123 at this time.  Each feature will have a history of inspection PDFs from our Engineering firm.  They will upload permits and images and the results of their inspections for our Property Management team.  the PM team will then go out, make the necessary fixes, and then submit pictures and reports via Survey123.  However, we need that history of inspection PDFs attached to each feature, AND I created a related table so I could collect additional metadata for each document.

My issue is that I can get the Feature Info widget to display all of them, but not filter based on the feature map selection.

0 Kudos
JonathanMcDougall

@Kara_Shindle 

Hi, so as shown above - you have to ensure the relationship between feature and inspection is maintained and this is done by having the data action in the Map linking your map feature, to the inspection table Feature Info.
Even if you have multiple inspections on a feature, as I do, the feature info will filter to show all. 

NOTE - actually just realised I posted the solution also in another of your posts. I'll show the data action required here too.

JonathanMcDougall_0-1624968470842.png

0 Kudos
Kara_Shindle

Thank you - you are correct.  It's the same project but we had to scrap the feature that prompted the other question because of a bug with selecting stuff (I think on a chart) and I didn't make the connection that I wasn't utilizing the data connection correctly under the action menu.