Select to view content in your preferred language

I would like a window to only pop up in phone view

02-15-2024 09:43 AM
LydiaCarey
Occasional Contributor

Hi, iv been working on a experience builder for a while now and just finished the phone view. i have dashboards that i created within experience builder but on the phone view they are not that pretty. I know i can mess with them more to make them look better but for now i have a window popup for when you open the page that says "Use a desktop to view this page for the best experience of this dashboard." 

now my problem is now this pops up when I'm already using a desktop. I know you can just reword it or add a button that someone can just say I'm already on desktop but is there away to just not have it pop up in the desktop view.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimF
by
Regular Contributor

@LydiaCarey - try using a fixed panel with text inside in the mobile view instead of a separate window. That's how I've done this before only for the mobile canvas.

It does seem trial and error between which entities and settings are retained only in a canvas, with a lot of returning to the other canvases to realise I've undone settings I didn't want to...

0 Kudos
NBC
by
Regular Contributor

Previously I have done this by creating a separate page for large, medium and small format screens, all within the same experience. Once you do this you can control which ones one have pop ups etc…

hope that helps

0 Kudos
NBC
by
Regular Contributor

Forgot to say, to make this work I have created a splash screen which is custom formatted with a  button that points to the 3 different pages depending on the screen size

RandyPenird
Occasional Contributor

At this time, ExB doesnt seems to have custom widgets appear based on screensize breakpoints. As @NBC said above, they made a custom splash screen that routed depending on screen size. 

0 Kudos
RandyPenird
Occasional Contributor

I've been playing around with this, a workaround is to create a button that appears in your custom layouts (create a button in the custom layout you'd like to have the pop-up) and link that button to a page that closes when you click outside of it. I liked it so much I incorporated it into my most recent project. Works so much better on smaller screens than being at the mercy of a resizing widget. 

0 Kudos