I have an UI bug when i implement the Coordinate Conversion widget from ArcGIS API for JS into experience builder as a custom widget.

10-14-2021 04:32 AM
ZachariasDrimiskianakis
New Contributor

I want to implement the Coordinate Conversion widget from ArcGIS API for JS into my new custom widget for ExB. So, i have modified the logic of the js-api-widget from the arcgis-experience-builder-sdk-resources-master folder by importing CoordinateConversion instead of Legend. However, as you will see in the screenshots below, in some cases, such as when I use it from widget controller, it does not work.

Thank you!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
GavinRehkemper
Esri Contributor

Thank you for your question. It seems like even the "js-api-widget" sample (without any changes) does not work when adding it to a Widget Controller. I'm looking into this to see if there's a fix/workaround for this.

0 Kudos
ZachariasDrimiskianakis
New Contributor

Thank you very much!!

0 Kudos
GavinRehkemper
Esri Contributor

We will have this sample widget fixed (so that it works in the Widget controller) for the developer edition of Experience Builder 1.7 release (next release). You can see the changes here: https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-experience-builder-sdk-resources/pull/110 . Thank you!

0 Kudos
KevinGonzago
Esri Contributor

@ZachariasDrimiskianakis FYI, EXB already has a coordinate conversion widget that extends the CC widget in JSAPI. Just curious to know your plans of creating a custom CC widget in EXB. Are there gaps you identified in the existing EXB CC widget that made you want to create a custom CC widget?

0 Kudos
ZachariasDrimiskianakis
New Contributor

For this widget, I would like to add my own custom conversions in the next phase. Also, I would generally like to find a way to use the already existing widgets of ArcGIS API for JS in ExB.

0 Kudos
KevinGonzago
Esri Contributor

@ZachariasDrimiskianakis Here's an example of adding a custom conversion. Also, for context, the Coordinate Conversion widget in ExB extends the Coordinate Conversion widget in the JSAPI by adding a custom conversion for addresses (geocoding and reverse geocoding). You can use that as a guide on how to incorporate JSAPI widgets in ExB. 

0 Kudos