Select to view content in your preferred language

How to take user linguistic choice into account?

Jump to solution
03-21-2023 07:27 AM
Labels (1)
Nicolas_GREHANT_IGNFI
Occasional Contributor

Hi all,

I was wondering if it was possible to let the user of the Experience to choose its own language?

I mean, allowing him to click on a flag (or else) and that then everything goes from English to French or Spanish and so on.

I was thinking about using a published table to get dynamic translation of title, subtitle, and other texts, but I wonder if I go in the good or easiest solution.

Any clue?

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @Nicolas_GREHANT_IGNFI 

I don't believe this is possible at the moment. A similar post exists for this query raised a few years ago:

I recommend you look at the solutions posted there.

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Richard_Purkis
Esri Contributor

Hi @Nicolas_GREHANT_IGNFI 

I don't believe this is possible at the moment. A similar post exists for this query raised a few years ago:

I recommend you look at the solutions posted there.

Hope this helps

Nicolas_GREHANT_IGNFI
Occasional Contributor

Great, so nothing really possible yet, except duplicating the pages for each language.

Big thanks for your answer Richard.

PS: I thought that it would have been simple to get result with a dynamic query such as "TEXT = SELECT title FROM my_linguistic_table_in_datastore WHERE language = current_language_selection;" but this is not yet possible :-).

0 Kudos
Alastair
New Contributor

If you check out this video he uses typescript and jimu to start doing something similar. Unsure how to do this on a larger scale but it is interesting. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrV9TtGFAFw&t=351s

0 Kudos