Switch language in the online ExB

Jump to solution
11-16-2020 09:30 AM
Labels (1)
VitaminaM
New Contributor II

Hello there,

I'm developing an online Experience Builder application and would like to have titles, dialogs and etc. both in Portuguese and English.

Is there a switch language widget? Some way to select a language and adapt the remainig widgets and pages?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BrunoSousa1
New Contributor III

The simplet way of achieving this I can imagine (with available tools) is to build the map entirely in English and then duplicate the page(s) with everything in it and translate to portuguese aftewards. Then you add buttons in each page (eng and pt) 

View solution in original post

7 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @VitaminaM,

From my understanding, you would like the runtime app to show two sets of languages, but not necessarily at the same time.

To support this, it requires to solve some core issues (data/service localization, multiple sets of content settings, etc.) first, not limited to the app. Unfortunately, there is no such plan to implement this feature as of now.

Before all these are sorted out, a hypothetical switch-language-widget will not change the static input in the language of whoever configures the app (e.g. EN) - the title text will show in English no matter what other locales you choose.

You can also check out a similar issue here -Switch language runtime 

VitaminaM
New Contributor II

Hello TonghuiMing,

Thank you for your reply.

Core issues take time, I would be happy if ESRI added this in the Experience Builder roadmap.

BrunoSousa1
New Contributor III

The simplet way of achieving this I can imagine (with available tools) is to build the map entirely in English and then duplicate the page(s) with everything in it and translate to portuguese aftewards. Then you add buttons in each page (eng and pt) 

VitaminaM
New Contributor II

Thank you Bruno,

It does double the effort, but it's the existing acceptable solution.

BrandonCrafword
New Contributor II

Hey folks - I'm hoping to accomplish the translation task (only for Spanish). I see this was from nearly two years ago. Have there been any advances in translation tools for AGOL and/or Experience Builder since this question was posed?

EmmaCurran18
New Contributor II

@TonghuiMing Is there an update on adding translation functionality to Esri products, like Survey123 has?

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@EmmaCurran18 Unfortunately, not anytime soon for Experience Builder, as far as I know.

0 Kudos