How to parse/format Date field

Jump to solution
07-13-2021 12:00 PM
Labels (1)
garmendariz
New Contributor II

I have a Date field in my Feature Layer that I would like to parse and only show the Year inside a Window using a text dynamic content.  

This is how it currently is displaying:

garmendariz_0-1626202416160.png

I would like to have only the year show in the Year Started section.

I have tied to calculate the field as an Arcade expression in the Feature Layer field using this expression:
Year($feature._4_year_started)

But, I get an error when I try to persist this: "The calculated value does not match the Date field type."  I understand that I am trying to convert a Number to a Date this is why I get this error. 

What is the recommended way to parse a Date to be shown in an Experience Builder window since it does not seem that Experience Builder supports Arcade, yet? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can do this not within Experience Builder, but from AGOL - go to your content, open your layer, click on "Configure Pop-up", choose "Configure Attributes", select the date field you want to modify, then use the dropdown menu on the right to choose only the year. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

You can do this not within Experience Builder, but from AGOL - go to your content, open your layer, click on "Configure Pop-up", choose "Configure Attributes", select the date field you want to modify, then use the dropdown menu on the right to choose only the year. Hope this helps!

garmendariz
New Contributor II

Awesome Corey! This is exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you! 👍🏼