Select to view content in your preferred language

How to make 1st item in Experience Builder List widget to be 'selected'..

2 weeks ago
DfIRivers
Occasional Contributor

We are currently using Experience Builder with an ArcGIS Enterprise environment at 10.9.1

I have developed an Experience to present information on assets and asset inspections.  The assets are a feature class and the inspections are in a related table. Data collection in the field is done using Survey123.

I have 2 pages within the Experience... an Overview page and an Inspections page.

On my Overview page I have a List widget with my assets and a Map showing the assets.  When an asset is selected, the Map zooms to the asset and the user can select a Button to go to the Inspections page, which lists all the inspections for the selected asset..

On the Inspections page I have a List widget with summary information .. a list of inspections for that asset. When the user selects an inspection from the List, then 2 large text boxes on the same page display the details of the inspection.

My problem is that when the user first gets directed to the Inspections page, the text boxes show the field names within my related table.. until the user selects one of the inspections from the list.  Ideally I'd like the 1st inspection within the List widget on my Inspections page to already be selected, so that the user sees real data, instead of field names.

Is there a way to make this happen? (I think if I were to use the 'Feature Info' widget instead of a formatted Text box, then the info might be populated,but the 'Feature Info' widget doesn't give me the presentational options).

Tags (1)
7 Replies
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @DfIRivers ,

You can check the "View for empty selection" option to avoid displaying field names when there are no selections.

ShengdiZhang_0-1724393081649.png

Regards,

Shengdi

0 Kudos
DfIRivers
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ShengdiZhang , I've had a look at this option, and whilst it allows data to be displayed on my 'Inspections' page instead of field names.. the data that's displayed doesn't correspond with the particular asset chosen (on my 'Overview' page), or the list of inspections on my 'Inspections' page.

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Another solution I can think of is to add a message action Record selection changes - Framework - Select data records to the map and the list widgets on the Overview page. You can set up trigger/action connection for the two layers and add appropriate conditions to ensure the first record is selected.

DfIRivers
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ShengdiZhang , Thanks so much for your latest suggestion... I think this is definitely on the right track.

So currently I have the following Triggers set on both the Map and List widgets on my Overview page..

• to Filter Data records on the Framework; and 
  • to Select Data Records on the Framework

and I've connected the 2 layers i.e. the asset and the asset inspection, in the Trigger/action connection Conditions section.

When I do this, I find when I go to the Inspections page, that all the records in the List widget (for the selected asset) on the Inspections page are selected.. and the 1st record is populating data to my Text boxes on the same page.

Is there  some other condition clause I could set that would cause only the 1st record on the list to be selected?  (The list widget on the Inspections page has a sort applied to sort the records in descending Date Order).

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

You can set more conditions here:

ShengdiZhang_0-1724808840749.png

How to select the first record depends on your data structure, given the sorting in the list widget I would suggest using the Date field.

0 Kudos
DfIRivers
Occasional Contributor

Hi @ShengdiZhang , I can see the option to set a clause, but can't figure out a way to use it to select the lastest 'inspectionDate'.

DfIRivers_0-1724833035504.png

0 Kudos
ShengdiZhang
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi, as I said, it depends on your data structure.

If you can't use an existing field to formulate the proper condition, you can add a new field, name it select_id for example, set the select_id to group by asset and sort by Date, and then add the condition of select_id=1 for your case.

ShengdiZhang_1-1724835331990.png

0 Kudos