Hide time in Table widget

Jump to solution
02-16-2022 09:47 AM
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

I'm using the Table widget in Experience Builder (the online version, not developer edition). My date fields are displaying the time, and I'm wondering if there is a way to hide that? Time is irrelevant for this dataset - they just need to track the date.

screenshot.PNG

Tags (3)
19 Replies
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Amy, did you make an official enhancement request or another post as @TonghuiMing suggested? I am running into the same issue; my end user wasn't able to save changes in a date field without entering a time as well, even though all other places the referenced dataset appears has the time toggled off. Not a big deal as they can just enter a time, but I'd prefer to just not see it at all, same as you.

0 Kudos
AmyRoust

I did make an enhancement request, but I made the mistake of putting two requests in one Idea: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-ideas/tablet-widget-add-quot-update-quot-but.... I really ought to split them into two different ideas, per Esri's instructions.

0 Kudos
Andrus_Nicholas
New Contributor II

It appears this issue has not been resolved.

0 Kudos
BrittanyBurson

Hi @ShengdiZhang I see the same behavior with the Timeline widget. 

BrittanyBurson_0-1665510460930.png

Time setting not honored via Map Viewer. Is there another way to disable the Times and show dates only?

BrittanyBurson_1-1665510504904.png

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@BrittanyBurson - The timeline does not have anything to do with popup settings, it is specifically related to temporal settings inside your Map Viewer - two different things.

However, the behavior you mentioned is somehow valid and we will take a look to evaluate if there is any room for enhancement. In the meantime, I suggest you go with Esri Support or create another separate post for the sake of tracking. Thanks.

0 Kudos
JulioGarrido
New Contributor III

OK...  Here we are almost two years after this discussion started and ESRI has not resolved what seems to be a simple issue.  The simple solutions are to either honor the map layers settings or have a checkbox/slider disabling the time from showing.  Not only is it affecting the tables, but also the edit function.  So frustrating sometimes.

Tiff
by

Hi @JulioGarrido, I agree. I have many layers with date fields that only need the date in the table and the time cannot be removed. Esri released new ArcGIS Online date types for Date, Time only, etc. but it is so new (AND requires you to create totally new fields) that I would rather have a solution in Experience Builder and Instant Apps to honor map layer settings.

Sidenote, you may be able to bypass the editor issue by configuring the Smart Forms in Map Viewer for date only. However, that only works for editing and does not resolve the Table issue.

0 Kudos
JulioGarrido
New Contributor III

Hi Tiff,

I created the form using Field Maps and disabled the time.  However, ExB still shows the time in the editor as well.

Earlier today, I talked with ESRI Support and they see it is an issue.  Especially after they saw the date/time in the form and the map were both set to DATE.  Hopefully, they can find something, or report it as a bug so it can be fixed. 

0 Kudos
Tiff
by

Great, thanks for the update @JulioGarrido. I am not currently able to submit anything to esri support so appreciate that you did. Hopefully that can be resolved soon to only include dates in the table.

0 Kudos
Adam_Bourque
New Contributor III

@JulioGarrido yeah unfortunately still the same.. unfortunate because it messes up exports to excel as well retaining the time. Surprised this has gone so long without a fix..