Select to view content in your preferred language

Ghost trace configurations in ExB trace widget

Jump to solution
08-16-2024 08:07 AM
LucVanDijk
Occasional Contributor

I have a specific and peculiar issue with my Utility Network in the Experience Builder: named trace configurations that once existed in my WebMap, but were removed, still show up in the dropdown menu in the Utility Network Trace widget (see screenshot 'TraceWidget.png'). I cannot find a way to remove them.

These named trace configurations were made for testing, and have been removed from the WebMap (see screenshots 'NetworkProperties.png' and 'NetworkSharingOptions.png'). I don't want my users to be able to select trace configurations that do not exist, hence why I want to remove them from the dropdown menu.

I have tried:

• removing the Trace widget and re-adding it
  • updating / republishing the WebMap using ArcGIS Pro 3.1.4
  • updating / republishing the WebMap using ArcGIS Pro 3.3.1
  • finding the named trace configurations in the 'Data' json using ArcGIS Assistant
  • rebuilding the entire Experience in the ExpBuilder Developer Edition
  • finding the named trace configurations in the config.json of the Dev Edition Experience

all to no avail...

I am running ArcGIS Pro 3.1.4, Enterprise 11.3, ExB Dev Edition 1.14

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

The trace configurations are stored in the web map item. Once the web map is published to your Portal, adding or removing trace configurations to your utility network service will not be reflected in that map.

You will need to make changes to the map itself.

In Enterprise 11.3, open your map in Map Viewer. Go to the Map Properties tab and choose to Configure traces for your Utility Network.

AlixVezina_0-1723834405607.png

Another option is to edit the web map JSON directly. Login to ArcGIS Assistant, find the web map item and View the item JSON. Open the Data tab and Edit the JSON. Search for traceConfiguration in the code and make changes to the listed trace configurations.

AlixVezina_1-1723834594128.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

The trace configurations are stored in the web map item. Once the web map is published to your Portal, adding or removing trace configurations to your utility network service will not be reflected in that map.

You will need to make changes to the map itself.

In Enterprise 11.3, open your map in Map Viewer. Go to the Map Properties tab and choose to Configure traces for your Utility Network.

AlixVezina_0-1723834405607.png

Another option is to edit the web map JSON directly. Login to ArcGIS Assistant, find the web map item and View the item JSON. Open the Data tab and Edit the JSON. Search for traceConfiguration in the code and make changes to the listed trace configurations.

AlixVezina_1-1723834594128.png

0 Kudos