Select to view content in your preferred language

Filtering/Toggling on data on fields with Y/N or T/F values in ArcGIS Experience Builder

10-04-2023 09:01 AM
Labels (2)
AvaPatterson
New Contributor III

I am having difficulties figuring out how to filter. I have a Web Map with one layer on it with 4 fields with domains Y or N. I want to be able to toggle on the data based on FieldA = Y. If only one filter is on I want it to show data for FieldA=Y and the rest of the fields being N. Right now, the map is filtering only for Field A=Y but the other Fields are both Y or N.

AvaPatterson_0-1696435102471.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

JeffreyThompson2_0-1696439102928.png

You can go into the SQL Expression Builder and use the Add Clause Set option to create filters like: A is Y AND B is N AND C is N AND D is N.

The problem with this is that if a user selects A and B, they will get no results as it is impossible for B to be both Y and N.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
AvaPatterson
New Contributor III

Is there a way to set the toggle as N if it is off?

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

You could try something like this trick. I'm not sure it will work in your case.

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/overwrite-default-map-filter/m-p/1...

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

I have a similar problem.

WAB does this fine if you turn the layer off in the base map, then your filters show only the points where Expression = TRUE.

To get this functionality in EB, you must create an additional toggle that is to be left turned on at all times...

abureaux_0-1696440866112.png

0 Kudos