Filter Widget Not Working in Map

Jump to solution
04-07-2022 10:52 AM
ChristinaToth
New Contributor III

I created an app in experience builder that contains a map, list widget, feature info widget, and filter widget. The filter was set up and successfully worked to filter projects in the map, list, and feature info widgets. A few weeks later, I went to check on the app and noticed the filters are no longer being applied to the map, just the list, and feature info. The map will zoom but the points will not filter. I also noticed when a project is selected from the list, the point will not highlight on the map, so it is difficult to tell which point is selected. The map is zooming and attempting to work but the point layer is not cooperating and working as expected. I attempted removing the filters and re-creating them, as well as duplicating the app and neither option has worked. The point layer filters and works as expected in the new map viewer, outside of experience builder. Again, everything was working as expected a few weeks ago. Nothing has changed within the app to my knowledge and everything appears to be set up correctly. Any ideas for what could be wrong?

0 Kudos
16 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@JarrettGreen Any app for us to take a look at? Tried the original issue and sample app, and the zoom to action works fine.

0 Kudos
JarrettGreen
New Contributor III

Unfortunately no, it's in development and still private. I did find a work-around to use the Default data view instead of creating my own. I think perhaps that's required because when you specify a trigger on the map, you can only choose a data layer from the map and not a data view configured in the app.

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

If that's the case, please reach out to Esri Support so the analyst can work with you to build a reproducible case. Thanks.

0 Kudos
GregoryHanton
New Contributor II

I've just noticed the same behaviour as mentioned by Christina back in April. I have an Experience created with Filter, List, and Feature Info widgets, which were all working perfectly previously when Filters were applied, however are now not. No changes were made to the application, and it was working fine on the 12th of August (discovered the issue on the 13th). The Experience has been created on my company's corporate Enterprise Portal. I've just tested with a blank template that includes just a Map widget and Filter widget, and the Filter widget when applied is removing all features from the map extent, as opposed to retaining features with the filtered value. Any advice / solution / info regarding why this is suddenly happening would be much appreciated. My Experience application was planned for release early this week (project work commencing Tuesday)....

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@GregoryHanton - sorry to hear that. Hope it does not give too much trouble for your app. Which Enterprise version are you on? The Enterprise version would be 1-2 releases behind the AGOL release so it might be because of that, but I am not so sure without any more information.

0 Kudos
AdeshOswal7
New Contributor

I am having a similar issue.

I am using the filter widget and a list. The list is not showing the correct attribute it is supposed to show and shows no data. I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

0 Kudos
RebeccaGould
New Contributor

@TonghuiMing Hi - I am having this same issue in our enterprise EB. At this point I only have one filter because I've been unable to make it work and it is located outside the map widget.

0 Kudos