Filter Widget Not Working in Map

Jump to solution
04-07-2022 10:52 AM
ChristinaToth
New Contributor III

I created an app in experience builder that contains a map, list widget, feature info widget, and filter widget. The filter was set up and successfully worked to filter projects in the map, list, and feature info widgets. A few weeks later, I went to check on the app and noticed the filters are no longer being applied to the map, just the list, and feature info. The map will zoom but the points will not filter. I also noticed when a project is selected from the list, the point will not highlight on the map, so it is difficult to tell which point is selected. The map is zooming and attempting to work but the point layer is not cooperating and working as expected. I attempted removing the filters and re-creating them, as well as duplicating the app and neither option has worked. The point layer filters and works as expected in the new map viewer, outside of experience builder. Again, everything was working as expected a few weeks ago. Nothing has changed within the app to my knowledge and everything appears to be set up correctly. Any ideas for what could be wrong?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Christina, thanks for sharing the app with us.

This has been identified as a regression issue and should have been fixed by now. Feel free to give it another try and let us know if you encounter any other problems.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

@ChristinaToth Is it possible to share the app with me so we can take a look?

0 Kudos
ChristinaToth
New Contributor III

Here is a link to view the app: NEORSD E&C CIP Project Viewer

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello Christina, thanks for sharing the app with us.

This has been identified as a regression issue and should have been fixed by now. Feel free to give it another try and let us know if you encounter any other problems.

0 Kudos
ChristinaToth
New Contributor III

Thank you! Everything is working as expected now.

0 Kudos
CenkDemiroglu
New Contributor II

Is this issue back? I had working (as I remember) filters on one of my EB apps and now any unique value selection on one filter (Cubes) will remove all points on the scene (and no changes on the Table), and the other filter (Proxies) will have no effect at all on both the scene and the table. Can you have a look please? What makes the behavior weirder is that the Cubes filter does work on the Pie Chart. Here is the link https://arcg.is/1Cf1Sq 

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @CenkDemiroglu  - Thanks for sharing the app. I can reproduce the issue you mentioned, but it seems that neither of these are regressions.

1. The issues with table filtering

Since the filter widget is placed inside the Map widget container, it got reset when you switch the section views - that is why you cannot see Table filtering behavior in another view. You can see that the filter criteria have been reset once you switch back, as well.

This is a long-lasting behavior (checked a few release versions ago, same behavior), and we will help take a look at it. Meanwhile, the workaround is to change the layout a bit and move the filter widget out of the map container, then it will work properly.

2. From my test, the first filter is not correctly filtering features (even though it removes all features, it shouldn't) - which would be caused by a rendering mechanism which we will contact the corresponding team to take a look at. The second one is working properly.

0 Kudos
CenkDemiroglu
New Contributor II
Thank you for the help. Filter 2 (Proxies) still gave me the same problem of no changes on the map. I anyway re-inserted the two filters in the Header. Now the Proxies filter works well on map-table but the issue with the Cube filter removing all points on the map remains (it works well with the table and the chart).
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Glad to hear that you have it resolved by re-organizing the filters. For the remaining issue, we have directed it to the corresponding team for further investigation.

JarrettGreen
New Contributor III

@TonghuiMing I am noticing the same behavior as originally described back in April. My filter widget appropriately filters my table and a text box linked up to display the number of filtered results, but the map still shows the unfiltered data view. Is it possible this update was reverted again with the ArcGIS Online release in June?

0 Kudos