Select to view content in your preferred language

Filter only chosen widgets in experience builder

12-01-2023 05:48 AM
leahmaps
Frequent Contributor

Hello! 

I have a question about filtering between widgets in Experience Builder.

Currently, I have three widgets, List, Feature Info, and Map. Currently, clicking on each widget filters another (i.e., a point on a map filters the list and feature info, and going through the feature info or list selects and zooms on the map).

What I want to do is remove the ability of the map to filter the list and ONLY filter the feature info.

Is that possible to do in experience builder?

To summarize, this is how I want filtering to work

List Widget: Filters feature info and map

Feature Info Widget: filters map

Map Widget: filters feature info (and opens it as the list and feature info are stacked)

Any help is greatly appreciated, let me know if you have any questions!

Here is a summary of how I want the widgets to work

Feature Info -> Clicking through this will zoom to the map

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

You should be able to get what you want by setting up a Data View. Data Views allow widgets to look at data with different filters applied. Each widget should have a data source selector with an option to use the default data view, selected features or make a new view, where you could create a SQL query (including OBJECTID is not blank which would be a unchanging list of all your data, not affected by other widgets).

JeffreyThompson2_0-1701440169876.png

So I think if you point your List to a SQL query like described above and set your Map and Feature Info to the Default data view, you will get your desired result. 

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos