Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder Widgets Lacking

Jump to solution
04-13-2020 04:49 PM
DryCreekEng
Occasional Contributor

I have used WebAppBuilder to create good infographic websites, and would like to extend the wide range of widgets found in WAB to Experience Builder.  I like that EB allows you to customize the web interface more, and allows for multiple pages to be created under one "website".  However, there are very few widgets for working with a map.  I can't even find a widget for bookmarks. Is it possible to bring the WAB widgets into EB? I am not using the Developer Edition. 

Thanks,

Natalie 

23 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for your replies Jianxia Song‌ I know we are in good hands with you and your team. Recent features I suggested such as the Share Widget text query box, were awesome to see you and your team implemented perfectly. I know ExB has to get out at 1.0, and then it will build up to some of the features from WAB, like how Pro is getting back ArcMap tools in time.

0 Kudos
ZorbaConlen1
Occasional Contributor III

Reading the discussion here, it seems the original question was only partly answered. I'd like to hear from esri about the roadmap for ExB. It is a solid app and brings a lot of new possibilities, but the main thing holding many of us back from using it is the lack of widgets. It seems to be taking a long time for basic widgets to be added to the app. For example, widgets lacking include basic capabilities such as print, draw, edit, time slider, etc.

When, if ever, will ExB reach feature parity with WAB? Is adding these widgets a major focus of the team?

Thanks

BingBing
New Contributor

The original posting was 2 years ago. Disappointed to find out by now we are still lacking a lot of full-functional widgets. The search widget does not work for me. (developer edition). Not sure if ESRI really put efforts into this team.

JoshuaClanton
New Contributor III

Wish there was a clear timeline for widget releases in ExB.. Widgets are growing but slowly..

0 Kudos