Experience Builder Query Widget: pass attribute query result from 1st layer as spatial filter for 2nd layer

10-06-2021 12:02 PM
Labels (1)
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Hello - Does anyone know how to get this to work:

• Selected features from data source
  • Choose to return features that have a spatial relationship with features in another layer.
  • Optionally, a search distance can be applied to the geometries of the features in the related layer.

The framework doesn't seem to honor this. I just have a simple query to select one feature by attribute then want to use that result as the spatial filter "Intersects' for a second layer.  As in: Select a parcel by ID, then use that result as the spatial filter to return intersecting flood zone(s) . . . 

13 Replies
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

@TianWen  - from what I am seeing in the ExB interaction it the Filter widget can consume output from the Query widget result, but not the other way around....

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

@TianWen  - I also tried adding a second query widget where I just set up a simple attribute query.  I had hoped that result might be available as an output for my spatial selection query widget, but it is not....

0 Kudos
TianWen
Esri Contributor

You can use the original data source (instead of output, Filter actually does not generate output ds) in the Query as a filter layer. Apply the Filter widget, then the filter layer will update according to the conditions. So you can use the filtered geometries to conduct a spatial filter.

0 Kudos
DavidColey
Frequent Contributor

Ok thanks for your time.  I can't see anywhere to make that work.  I cannot add - as a filter source for the query widget - a layer from the same page and map widget:  The map source does not display. As you can see, the map source 'Planning Layers' does not appear under the 'Added' tab:

DavidColey_0-1634582819272.png

If the filter source does not come from the same page and map widget source, then it cannot act as filter source for the query widget.  It is ignored.

If you can get that workflow to function, that's great but I can't.