Experience Builder Print Widget?

03-25-2020 06:23 AM
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a print widget, current or planned for experience builder?  I certainly cant seem to find it anywhere in the builder or help menu.

thanks

21 Replies
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Dan,

We currently do not have the print widget available in the builder. We can take your feedback and add it to our new enhancements lists. In the meantime, if you have the developer edition of Experience Builder you can easily import the Print widget into Experience Builder for use.

David 

DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks David.  Hopefully soon then.  I was looking at this as a possible replacement for an AppBuilder application that is hosted on argis online.  I know the client likes to print maps.  I'll sit on the sidelines with this product until it develops a bit more.

best

Dan

0 Kudos
Henry_PeleshBW
Occasional Contributor

Hi David,

I was wondering if you could provide some information and guidance on how to "import the Print widget into Experience Builder for use", like you mentioned above. I have Experience Builder Developer addition installed and working properly but was hoping for some insight on how to implement a Print Widget into my experience. 

Thank you,

Henry

DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Henry,

In this sample arcgis-experience-builder-sdk-resources/samples/widgets/editor at master · Esri/arcgis-experience-bu...  you could basically replace the editor widget with the print widget.  See the attached zip file. This is using the 1.1 release. 

Cheers,

David 

Henry_PeleshBW
Occasional Contributor

David,

Thank you for the response and helpful information.

When I go to follow the guide from arcgis-experience-builder-sdk-resources/samples/widgets/editor at master · Esri/arcgis-experience-bu... How do I know which file to add the appropriate code to? I am a little unfamiliar with the file structure of Experience Builder. 

Below is an example. I am struggling to find which file I need to add the code expressed in this screenshot, and the rest of the guide as well.

Thanks!

Henry

0 Kudos
DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

The widget samples will all focus on the widget.tsx file. You can find out more about the widget implementation details here. https://developers.arcgis.com/experience-builder/guide/extend-base-widget/ 

Also, in my previous response, I posted the source code to add the print widget. You can just basically unzip that folder and copy it into your client/your-extensions/widgets folder and restart the client service for Experience Builder. 

David

Henry_PeleshBW
Occasional Contributor

Thank you David. This was very helpful. I was able to successfully implement the print widget into my custom experience. I appreciate your time and insight on my issue.

Henry

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi David, I found your response and attachment helpful to add the print widget to my own Experience Builder Developer Edition. How would I add this custom widget to the Web Experience I have created in the ArcGIS Online environment?

DavidMartinez
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Alisha,

Currently, custom widgets are only supported in the developer edition. This means you would have to host the app that includes the custom widget on your web server or some other online hosting site (e.g., Github pages).

Cheers,

David