Experience Builder Print Widget?

03-25-2020 06:23 AM
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

Is there a print widget, current or planned for experience builder?  I certainly cant seem to find it anywhere in the builder or help menu.

thanks

21 Replies
JoshWhite
Regular Contributor III

I find this disappointing.  I was testing out experience builder as the web app builder is being phased out eventually but I find the not only the lack of this simple widget frustrating, the overall inability to edit how the widgets work is also frustrating.  For instance the scale bar is only viewable in meters which is not helpful at all when you do everything in feet.  

Josh White, AICP
Principal Planner

City of Arkansas City
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

Currently tools come with the Map widget do not have settings like those in WAB. We plan to reach the functional parity with WAB through incremental releases. Could you help submit an enhancement to Esri Support or ArcGIS Idea site?

Jose_FranciscoSánchez_Díaz1
New Contributor III

Hello DavidMartinez, is possible to host the app on Github pages? My web hosting haven't node.js configured and it would be great to be able to publish the experience builder on github pages!
Thanks 

0 Kudos
KaraUtter
Occasional Contributor III

We can't migrate our WAB's to Experience builder until a professional print of the map is created. If EB is meant to replace WAB, we need a print widget that is user friendly and doesn't make a print to pdf look like the below (it doesn't even center what was in the map view when I pressed Ctrl + P):

KaraUtter_0-1652826396814.png

Other comments about this can be found here:

Print option from Experience Builder - Esri Community

Add Print Widget - Esri Community

This is what WAB gives us and this is what we still need to be able to do:

KaraUtter_1-1652826474532.png

MalcolmMeyer2
Occasional Contributor II

Just adding to the discussion here and a bit late to the game, but printing is the number one feature my app users want. I too was testing experience builder and was liking the look of it, then found out there is no print widget. And it's not just my users that want print functionality, for the viewers of the very popular interactive swiss topo maps, one out of every nine visitors used the print feature!

BrendonJoyce1
Occasional Contributor

Agreed. Being able to actually rotate the map and have a better pdf exporting tool would be of great value.

MatthewMalone
Occasional Contributor

I also agree that my users frequently print to PDF using WebApp Builder.  Now with today's (3/9/21) announcement of Map Viewer Beta becoming the standard map viewer, most of us know that those great new Map Viewer beta functions (grouping layers, etc) aren't usable in the current WAB (I realize it will still display the layers).  The advent of the Map Viewer Beta's tools is one of the reasons I experimented heavily with Exp Builder, so I hope the functional parity arrives this year...especially printing for those without developer editions.

JuhaHaanpera
Esri Contributor

Hi,
We have used the old PrintPlus widget in Webapp Builder. The print idea of the PrintPlus widget is excellent, but it is technically outdated and the print performance is poor. We desperately need a modern and high-performance print widget on top of Experience Builder or Webapp Builder.
Do you recommend developing a replacement print widget ourselves? Alternatively, will there be a ready-made print widget like PrintPlus on top of Experience in the future?

Thanks for the tips in advance 🙂

AxelLévy
New Contributor III

Hello Robert

Do you think it's possible to implement the layout extent function like on your webappbuilder custom print widget ? It was very usefull

0 Kudos