Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder (Excel Export Date Formatting Issue)

03-24-2023 06:41 AM
JacobBlankenship1
Emerging Contributor

I am exporting a CSV from a table in Experience builder (through action widget) and the date format comes out as 3/22/2023 in the CSV. However the correct time format should be 3/22/2023, 5:37 PM. In Experience Builder it shows the correct information but gets truncated in the CSV export for some reason. 

Not sure if there is a setting I am missing or what.

I am using Enterprise Experience Builder Developer edition.

Thanks

7 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Can you check the contents of the CSV in its raw text? Open it with Notepad or something similar, and verify how the date values are being saved. I've noticed that Excel applies default formatting to imported CSVs sometimes that I don't want.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos
JacobBlankenship1
Emerging Contributor

@jcarlson Looked at it in notepad and it still came out in the same format of 3/23/2023

0 Kudos
JacobBlankenship1
Emerging Contributor

More information:

Experience builder Table View

JacobBlankenship1_0-1679683594270.png

When I export it as a JSON format the GPS time will be exported in Unix Epoch Time and than can be converted to a readable data format.

However, I need it to be in a csv format for the user to use.

0 Kudos
JacobBlankenship1
Emerging Contributor

@Jianxia Do you know of anyone that might be able to answer this question?

0 Kudos
Jianxia
Esri Regular Contributor

@JacobBlankenship1, it turns out a known issue. We will investigate it. Although the issue below is for the Query widget, it applies to any export to CSV actions.

BUG-000153124 In ArcGIS Experience Builder, the export as CSV option for the Query widget does not generate the full date and time

SolanaFoo2
Regular Contributor

Any updates on fixing this bug?  Thanks

0 Kudos
MarlboroughDistrict_Council
Frequent Contributor

I've just come across this as well. Clearly its not been fixed yet! Any update on a fix ESRI?

0 Kudos