Select to view content in your preferred language

Experience Builder edit widget not working correctly after latest update

07-09-2024 10:24 PM
GiuseppeBaiamonte
Emerging Contributor

As in the title, edit widgets in our EB app have stopped working correctly after ArcGIS Online June 2024 update.

On first use, the edit widgets (some of which are configured to edit related tables) display numbers instead of the correct strings.

incorrect.PNG

After selecting one of the numbers and then going back, (some of) the strings are displayed correctly.

correct.PNG

No changes have been recently made to the app or the widgets, therefore the behaviour looks like a bug introduced with the latest update.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
TianWen
Esri Contributor

Could you provide a sample app or data so we can investigate further? Thank you!

0 Kudos
ShaneONeill_144
Esri Contributor

Does this happen if you recreate the app/widget configuration?

0 Kudos
GiuseppeBaiamonte
Emerging Contributor

@TianWen I'm not authorised to share data or app. I made a quick test and I was unable to reproduce the issue creating a new app with test data. I think the issue is related to existing apps rather than new ones, but I will try again to reproduce the issue in a new app.

@ShaneONeill_144 I created a completely new edit widget (configured the same way, using the same data) in the app and the issue is still present.

0 Kudos
M_Noonan
Emerging Contributor

I can replicate the same issue with an Experience Builder app created after the June 2024 update.

In Experience Builder, using the Edit widget with the following settings replicates the issue described by Giuseppe:

Set to attribute only.
Add new editable sources with related tables.
Set the capability for each related table to "Update records only."

In my Experience Builder app, I use the Query widget with actions set to select the related tables via a common key (e.g., parentglobalid or globalid).

When I start the app and select a record from the Query tool, the Edit widget shows numbers for each record instead of the record names. When I click on one of the records for the first time, only the record name (e.g., Eastern Cave Bat) loads in the form, and no other records contain any data.

When I go back to the list of records for the related tables, I can see the record names listed. If I click on one of these records a second time, all appropriate data loads in the form.

If I choose a record from another related table (not previously selected), the same behavior occurs: the first record contains no data except for the record name (e.g., Eastern Cave Bat). The second time, all data loads into the form.

0 Kudos
GiuseppeBaiamonte
Emerging Contributor

@TianWen @ShaneONeill_144 

The issue is still occurring and we are able to reproduce it consistently.

I have sent you private messages with a link to a test application that allows you to observe the bug.

0 Kudos
GiuseppeBaiamonte
Emerging Contributor

I have reached out to ESRI technical support and the issue has been formally recognised as a bug.

I'm confident it will be fixed in the next AGOL release.

0 Kudos